• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers have significant interest in WR Paris Campbell

TheSpecialJuan

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I bet ted can roll out of bed and still run a 4.44...

Hope panther land some vet to fill the WR role....... 

I think they need a vet and a rookie.

Their lack of urgency suggests that is their plan--or they are waiting for a contract to drop---are they negotiating with Odell?

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

How might they show this urgency you speak of? It seems to me they are talking to available FA guys right now. If you mean trading for someone then you will not hear about it until the terms are agreed to. Until that happens mums the word.

And I would not trade for a headache or problem when I can sign a free agent and get a headache or a problem for free.

• Pie 2

Just now, MHS831 said:

I think they need a vet and a rookie.

Their lack of urgency suggests that is their plan--or they are waiting for a contract to drop---are they negotiating with Odell?

I think they need a solid/legit vet #2 and couple hail marys vet attempts(dumpster dives or future late rounders type) and use either the 2nd or first 3rd on WR and hope hes ready by some miracle....

I dont think many have grasped the current RB and WR issues with having a rookie QB........im terrifed that 2024 could be thee number "one"....

Hurst was a step in the right direction...

I think the current plan is to run the ball 50 times. hurst and thomas feel like starters too. 

I dont think odell wants to join the rookie lead non-media attention panthers, but it would sure help. Just to further stir the pot, i think jets send a couple WRs to green bay as part of the arod trade and obj is back in the big apple.....

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I expect the Panthers are signing someone today. Mecole Hardman?

That was the other WR that was reported prior to tampering week that we were interested in. Truthfully, he's better than Parris, over a year younger, faster and more production. 

If we bring in Hardman or Chark, it's a dub. 

Campbell made sense here and offered the allure of what could be when healthy, but I don't see that true #2 ability that Hardman and Chark demonstrate.

10 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

It’s hard unless you’re about the money and you look at their tax rate

I live in Illinois so already deal with it quite heavily haha.  It's all a balance of being where you want to be, comfortably/within your means, and building towards a future.  Now city preference wise, to each their own.    

As far as the free agents go, I really want to see Chark sign here.  He offers real upside and is still young.  Thielen would be a solid addition but doesn’t really make sense, he should be on KC or a real contender for his final year or 2.  Hardman is the outlier, it’s hard to place him.  He never panned out as more than a gadget player for KC.  He’s got insane speed tho.