• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper redeems the franchise..

Jmac

I agree, and think this is a step in the right direction.  They do not hang banners in March, as you know, but the feeling of optimism is something we have not experienced in a while.  I admit, I felt optimistic when Rhule was hired, with reservations.  As it turns out, he was horrible.  I liked Gettlemen at first, but then he started sucking.  So now we have a new GM who is once again tasked with overcoming Hurney's bad choices and can kicking.  

However, with not much cap room, we found 6 (and counting) starters, if you include Bozeman.  That is huge. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

I agree, but they need to hit on the QB selection. 

I was immediately sold on Stroud, but the more research I do, the more I keep wondering about Young.  Aside from his size, he checks all the boxes---I know Stroud can check boxes too....I think it will become more clear--but I tried to keep an open mind and not lock in on one decision in early March--and the more I research Young, the more I think, after his pro day, people will start favoring him,  Most of the "experts" on NFL network, including a former GM Marc Ross who is firm about it...SO CONFUSED--either might be OK, but if one fails and one succeeds, it will haunt us forever....Unless we take Levis.  Then we need the suicide hotline.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Most of us have been pissed off and very negative of the sh#t happening with the team since he took over. He has made some huge hiring mistakes that have cost this team dearly.

He appears to have learned to hire the right people and to actually let them make the important decisions. Getting out of the way and allowing the experienced football people to do their thing is paramount to having success.

Thumbs up to the changes happening and to the man for having the foresight to let it happen.

You aren’t wrong but I have to wonder why the f*ck it took so long 

• Pie 1

I do think this last week should quite some of the huddlers that have been calling for Fitt getting the axe when Rhule got fired.

Fitt has been busy!

As far as Tepper I like how he admitted guilt of giving so much power to a dumbass college coach like Rhule. IMO the jury is still out on Tepper tho as a competent owner. The guy just seems to fug something up as soon as he touches it. Whether the field issue, new facility, etc. 

Edited by BEASTfromdaEAST
  • Pie 1

Let's not crown anyone yet.

There were so many people singing Tepper's praises for being aggressive when he went after Matt Rhule and kept him away from New York. Sooo many people were popping the champagne corks then.

I'm more optimistic now than then, by a long way, but we've still not played a single snap of 2023's season yet. Let's hope it goes well.

• Pie 3