• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper redeems the franchise..

Jmac

55 minutes ago, CRA said:

He wasted an entire season in 2023 because he couldn’t admit the obvious. 

I think he kept a low profile early in the season figuring out the best way to address it, plus the rock hill debacle probably took his attention away a bit.

He may have just suffered from a bad sense of timing rather than reluctance in admitting the obvious.

I can say that I am at least interested in the team again. For the first time since 1995, I went without watching the Panthers every Sunday last season because I was so pissed at how Tepper ran this team into the ground. He should have gotten rid of Rhule at the end of the previous season but instead left us stuck with crappy football to start off. Firing the idiot was a start, and the moves the team has made this offseason at least give me hope that it is headed in the right direction. Even if we aren't world beaters this year, I will watch again simply because effort has been made to improve the team by hiring real coaches and letting Fitt do his job without interference from the clueless moron and his "brand".

2 hours ago, Jmac said:

Most of us have been pissed off and very negative of the sh#t happening with the team since he took over. He has made some huge hiring mistakes that have cost this team dearly.

He appears to have learned to hire the right people and to actually let them make the important decisions. Getting out of the way and allowing the experienced football people to do their thing is paramount to having success.

Thumbs up to the changes happening and to the man for having the foresight to let it happen.

I guess we will see what happens, right? 

His soccer team is hot garbage right now. No guarantee football won't end up the same way. I have my doubts. 

The biggest positive for me is that he let the football people run the coaching search, right down to abstaining from the final vote.

He's also publicly admitted that he came in thinking he could change everything and revolutionize the game but has now learned that he wasn't as football smart as he thought he was.

His role these days seems best described as questions and suggestions, but not decisions.

As long as it stays that way, I'm good.

• Beer 1

I've said the whole time that people were being too hard on him.

Everyone wanted to have an owner that was hands off, hires his football people and let's them do their thing, which is exactly what he did.  It sucks that it didn't work out the first few years, but beyond pushing them to be in on trades for Stafford and Watson, he's been a very hands off owner from the football side of things.  

His mistake was putting that trust in Rhule, you can be mad all you want at giving him one too many years, but that's not enough to make him a bad owner.

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I've said the whole time that people were being too hard on him.

Everyone wanted to have an owner that was hands off, hires his football people and let's them do their thing, which is exactly what he did.  It sucks that it didn't work out the first few years, but beyond pushing them to be in on trades for Stafford and Watson, he's been a very hands off owner from the football side of things.  

His mistake was putting that trust in Rhule, you can be mad all you want at giving him one too many years, but that's not enough to make him a bad owner.

Trusting the wrong people is one of the worst mistakes any owner can make.

It was the same mistake that Jerry Richardson made. Unfortunately, Richardson never learned (or acknowledged) how wrong he was.

Tepper has at least admitted to his failures and seems to be working to fix them.

I'll take that.