• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper redeems the franchise..

Jmac

Agreed 100%

TBH I’ve never been as hard on Tepper as most of you guys, the Rhule hire was terrible that’s for sure. But he’s a brand new owner and seems to have learned from his mistakes since. This staff we have now is the most talented group of coaches this team has ever had. Willing to trade up to #1 …  also spending in free agency (and coaching hires) willing to make the big splashes (that JR never would make), . If they hit on the QB, then it’s a home run since the Rhule firing.

During the Bucs game this year - my friend hooked up his season tickets, very nice seats under the owners box - and after we scored a TD, I looked up to Tepper and he acknowledged me and we did an air fist bump. Could you imagine ever waking up JR from his nap trying to get any emotion or connection from of the guy… yes there have been head scratching moments (the comment about live music in Charlotte) but I’m all aboard the Tepper-train at this point.

and hey the MLS team is pretty sweet, I know they get a lot of hate around here… but the man is making business moves in Charlotte and investing in the city. I also saw Panthers fans with their shirts off at games this year (HEAVEN FORBID we have an actually football atmosphere). Just look at the crowd at CFC games, we need that energy in The Bank!! Let the man cook!!

Edited by panthersphan
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean, the coaching staff is like going McDonalds to Ruth’s Chris.  There is no denying that. 

But we don’t know what Tepper really is.  Bad owners are bad owners.  Add talent or coaches…..they generally show themselves regardless.   NFL is generally pretty clear.  Based on track record, if you had to slant Tepper as good or bad he does look like he might be a bad one to date.  But it’s too early to know 

I judge who Tepper is by how much he stays out of things.

So far this offseason, he's doing pretty well.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I judge who Tepper is by how much he stays out of things.

So far this offseason, he's doing pretty well.

Do we know that?  

I mean you have decent odds of landing a pretty good QB prospect where we were.  Maybe that’s largely Dave that wanted to give up our 2023, 2024 and best player for the #1.  

He tried to go for Watson last offseason. Stafford.   Always looking for a big splash that often ran counter to the “narrative” we were trying to build things from the ground up and take it slowly.  He just struck out on making it happen.   But we kept trying for something big.  

Who knows.   Whatever Tepper is or isn’t….a I doubt it is going to drastically change. 

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

Do we know that?  

I mean you have decent odds of landing a pretty good QB prospect where we were.  Maybe that’s largely Dave that wanted to give up our 2023, 2024 and best player for the #1.  

He tried to go for Watson last offseason. Stafford.   Always looking for a big splash that often ran counter to the “narrative” we were trying to build things from the ground up and take it slowly.  He just struck out on making it happen.   But we kept trying for something big.  

Who knows.   Whatever Tepper is or isn’t….a I doubt it is going to drastically change. 

From the behind the scenes stories of the search, yeah we do.

What we don't know is if he'll continue.

8 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I was immediately sold on Stroud, but the more research I do, the more I keep wondering about Young.  Aside from his size, he checks all the boxes---I know Stroud can check boxes too....I think it will become more clear--but I tried to keep an open mind and not lock in on one decision in early March--and the more I research Young, the more I think, after his pro day, people will start favoring him,  Most of the "experts" on NFL network, including a former GM Marc Ross who is firm about it...SO CONFUSED--either might be OK, but if one fails and one succeeds, it will haunt us forever....Unless we take Levis.  Then we need the suicide hotline.

I want nothing to do with Young. If you want to see endless balls being batted down like Mayfield, he's your man. Let Houston have him. I want CJ. He's just too small

• Pie 1

Your already praising him before the team has took the field, like we won the superbowl or something ?

Reich hasn't done poo yet, save your superbowl parties till he produces on the field , we don't even know if he will be better than Rhule, and if this does crash and burn , we will have to live with the fact we could have had an offensive genius who has won the superbowl has a HC , but Tepper didn't call him back 

David Tepper is still the idiot he has always been has far has I'm concerned  

• Poo 1

11 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

I want nothing to do with Young. If you want to see endless balls being batted down like Mayfield, he's your man. Let Houston have him. I want CJ. He's just too small

I want CJ, but I did read (take this fwiw) that he had remarkably few batted balls in college compared to other qbs.