• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Chark visiting Panthers

TheSpecialJuan

Just now, Captain Obvious said:

have you seen the poo we got for a WR room? That's why.

Fair, and I've been beating the drum on needing a #1 WR for days.

But I don't think he's the answer, I'd rather overspend a little bit to go after Hopkins, Sutton, Juedy, etc, than sign Chark.  I just don't think he's much, if any, improvement over TMJ right now and if we draft a WR with our 2nd rounder, I think Chark would be our #3 this year.

When our WR room is this bad, I don't see the value in signing someone who would possibly be our #3 right now.

• Pie 1

I doubt Chark will ever be a WR1 though he has the most potential of this group given his size and speed. I think our true WR1/shiny new toy for our new QB is not going to be found during FA/trades. Potentially in the draft, but 2024 is the year to find that guy.

In the mean time, I'll take a shot on a 6'4" 4.3 WR that, when healthy, can be a 70-1100-8TD guy.

Still prefer Hardman over him, but will be stoked if we land either of them.

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

The guy played in a pass happy offense and only had 500 yards and 3 TDs, I know he missed some games, but that doesn't help make him more attractive, I honestly don't get why everyone wants him so badly if I'm being honest.

I've seen people say that he has untapped potential, but 5 years into his career, hasn't been able to stay healthy and tap into that potential yet, so why do we want to trust him as our #1 for a rookie QB?!?!

This is a weak fa class and you have to add what you can, he is big, fast, and he did have over 1000 yards and 8 tds a few years ago in jax.  If he could stay healthy for us he would definitely be the best wr on our roster by a decent margin.  Take that however you want.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I am all for trying to trade for Hopkins, but in no world am I giving them a 2nd and 3rd for him, just no

He had 700 yards in 9 games last year with poor QB play, he's still 100% a bonafide top tier WR1 and I can't see him getting traded for less than that even with his contract situation. And for the purpose of putting weapons around our rookie QB I would pay that. I understand the hesitation though.

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

He had 700 yards in 9 games last year with poor QB play, he's still 100% a bonafide top tier WR1 and I can't see him getting traded for less than that even with his contract situation. And for the purpose of putting weapons around our rookie QB I would pay that. I understand the hesitation though.

I think it's more the 2nd rounder next year when we already traded away our 1st.

Not a fan of being down both of those picks, especially since we already traded our 2nd away in 2025 as well.  

I also think his time in Arizona is up, both sides know it, they don't have much leverage and I can't see a team giving up that much to get him, if someone was willing to give that much up, with the weak FA WR market this year, someone would have already made that trade with them by now.