• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Chark visiting Panthers

TheSpecialJuan

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Signing Chard means that we are not necessarily tied to drafting a WR in round 2.  That opens up my mocking--yes, its true.  I am a mocker.

I agree with this. If we sign Chark I don't even won't a WR in the draft. We can get our #1 WR in FA next season.

I think CB/TE is what we will look at with pick #39.

• Pie 6

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

OBJ might be more realistic than I thought.

A team reportedly offered him 4 mil a year.lol

If he's that cheap I see no risk in a 1yr 8 mil prove it deal.

Don’t need him around our rookie. OBJ is a tantrum throwing diva. He’s an elite receiver and if we had an established vet QB then I would be all for it. But for developing a rookie? Keep that cancer away.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

22 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

OBJ might be more realistic than I thought.

A team reportedly offered him 4 mil a year.lol

If he's that cheap I see no risk in a 1yr 8 mil prove it deal.

Thielen just said on Pat McAfee that we were talking to "a couple more WR's"....so far I know we've only been linked to Chark.  I wonder who else he was talking about?  OBJ could be one of them.  THAT would be interesting.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Don’t need him around our rookie. OBJ is a tantrum throwing diva. He’s an elite receiver and if we had an established vet QB then I would be all for it. But for developing a rookie? Keep that cancer away.

What has he done that makes him a cancer?

Let me guess you are judging him off his Giants days like everyone else who hates on him?

Crazy how this dude won a championship and people still trying to make him out to be a diva. This is not Antonio Brown dude.

11 minutes ago, joemac said:

Thielen just said on Pat McAfee that we were talking to "a couple more WR's"....so far I know we've only been linked to Chark.  I wonder who else he was talking about?  OBJ could be one of them.  THAT would be interesting.

I could be wrong but I did see some quote him saying he thought the Panthers could win a championship which is why he signed here.

I would think another vet WR would probably fit that description.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I could be wrong but I did see some quote him saying he thought the Panthers could win a championship which is why he signed here.

I would think another vet WR would probably fit that description.

Yup thats what he said.  He said he didnt want to just be a 1 year rental "here is your check, thanks for the 6 months" type of thing.  He said he wanted to be part of building something special, which is what he sees happening here.  Said he wants to be part of building a Super Bowl winning team, and he really sees that happening with the Panthers.  They must have impressed the hell out of him, because he said that he was not really thinking about signing with us before he came for his visit. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yup thats what he said.  He said he didnt want to just be a 1 year rental "here is your check, thanks for the 6 months" type of thing.  He said he wanted to be part of building something special, which is what he sees happening here.  Said he wants to be part of building a Super Bowl winning team, and he really sees that happening with the Panthers.  They must have impressed the hell out of him, because he said that he was not really thinking about signing with us before he came for his visit. 

This roster is set up nice where if we hit on the QB we can absolutely be contending in the next year or 2. We have cap space to get a #1 WR next year as well.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Never made mistakes in your life?

You never got a 2nd chance at life?

The man isn't a criminal. He hasn't caused trouble in years now. You got people still thinking this dude is a drama king.

He has been offered a contract of 4m per season. He thinks he is worth 20m per. He IS a drama king. And delusional. He is a locker room killer.

• Pie 2