• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: Bryce Young is believed to be favorite for #1 for the Panthers right now

TheSpecialJuan

52 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Agreed…there is risk.  There always is a risk.  He is legit very small.  Normally I would not pick a player this small.  I waffle myself.  But…he is so great at playing the position it trumps that for me.  CMC was too small to play RB but he was just different 

CMC got injured for the past 3 years of his panthers years here because he was undersized. I love CMC but he was injury prone due to his size.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ncsfinest21 said:

CMC got injured for the past 3 years of his panthers years here because he was undersized. I love CMC but he was injury prone due to his size.

He led his team to an amazing victory run this season.  And didn’t get injured.  We all know Carolina was shelving him when he could have played 

Just now, Shocker said:

He led his team to an amazing victory run this season.  And didn’t get injured.  We all know Carolina was shelving him when he could have played 

While yes, it still wasnt with the Panthers. And by the time he came back to play those years he got injured, there was nothing to play for.

4 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

That’s fair, but Young would not be taking the hits CMC did as a running back. Young has always been good at navigating the pocket and getting out of harm’s way.

• Pie 1

Just now, Tarheel119 said:

That’s fair, but Young would not be taking the hits CMC did as a running back. Young has always been good at navigating the pocket and getting out of harm’s way.

I agree but the NFL is different. Bigger boys and faster pace. The reads aren't easy, defense more complex. That equals more time in the pocket and more hits or scrambling concerns

10 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I will go even further on this argument…and I am a huge UNC fan.  Drake Maye and Caleb Williams are not as good as Bryce Young.  Prove me wrong

Maye plays in the weak ACC. Im not even sure he is the real deal. He struggled towards the end of the season.

Caleb looks legit tho.

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Tarheel119 said:

We have a superstar QB available and we can take him.  Sam Bowie and Akeem were bigger too but take Michael Jordan please.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

It is possible this is a smokescreen to get Houston to trade up to #1.

Bryce has always been linked to Houston.

Just a week ago reports where we like Stroud. Now all of a sudden Schefter reports we like Bryce. We leaked this to get a pick from Houston. Well played Mr. Fitt...