• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: Bryce Young is believed to be favorite for #1 for the Panthers right now

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

It’s hard to describe intangibles sometimes. I view Young as savvy to a degree that will be above average his first year. He seems to also have that same sense as Mahomes to avoid the direct blows. He’s far more elusive than Stroud. I predict Stroud will take more direct hits that could lead to injury than Young. 

I could see Stroud taking hits due too his lack of mobility vs Young.  I think Stroud (at least in college) tends to get the ball out quick.  He is more prone to throw it away vs running around extending it trying to make a play.  Young has been doing more or as much with less talent at WR than Stroud, that alone may help him have more success early that Stroud will.  They are both two great options so either way I'm good.  

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I could see Stroud taking hits due too his lack of mobility vs Young.  I think Stroud (at least in college) tends to get the ball out quick.  He is more prone to throw it away vs running around extending it trying to make a play.  Young has been doing more or as much with less talent at WR than Stroud, that alone may help him have more success early that Stroud will.  They are both two great options so either way I'm good.  

Agreed. Either way I’m good as well. 

13 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

They're trying to use Bryce Young. Stop the foolishness and move on with the #1, stop the f'n games which benefit NOBODY.

There is only one player THIS draft that qualifies for a jump from #9 to #1.

It's Stroud. Stop the smokescreens, leaks, stalling, staring down, they're not going to blink.

They're waiting for you to proclaim what everyone knows already ITS STROUD, stop playing games and celebrate, get to know him and let us freaking rest on teh huddle you cheeky card hiding, fooler of nobody.

There's nothing wrong with being honest and deliberate instead of cloak and dagger, fooling only ones self and wasting our f'n time and doing gymnastics on our nerves.

Lets Go Crypto GIF by OKX

Oh fug

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

They're trying to use Bryce Young. Stop the foolishness and move on with the #1, stop the f'n games which benefit NOBODY.

There is only one player THIS draft that qualifies for a jump from #9 to #1.

It's Stroud. Stop the smokescreens, leaks, stalling, staring down, they're not going to blink.

They're waiting for you to proclaim what everyone knows already ITS STROUD, stop playing games and celebrate, get to know him and let us freaking rest on teh huddle you cheeky card hiding, fooler of nobody.

There's nothing wrong with being honest and deliberate instead of cloak and dagger, fooling only ones self and wasting our f'n time and doing gymnastics on our nerves.

Lets Go Crypto GIF by OKX

Have you followed the draft before this year?

Just now, csx said:

Have you followed the draft before this year?

Yes. Nobody wants that #1 as much as they think. THAT was the biggest move of this draft.

Own it. Use the pick. Let everyone else deal now. Have some class. Your plate is full, let the others eat now.

That's all I'm saying. Don't be greedy, be smart.

47 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

He's saying it's a smoke screen. He seems to think that Mac Jones would be the pick that the staff wants but something changes and they end up taking Richardson, or Stroud (I hope). 

WAIT!   I know I don't keep up with College football and all but there is ANOTHER Mac Jones?

The Patriots already have one.     Another one is going to be in the NFL?  lol

Edited by glenwo2

1 hour ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Just watching everything I have seen from Young, I seriously don't think his style of play will translate to the NFL. He won't be able to scramble around every play to find a passing lane at the NFL level. He is get killed

This is what Im saying and its not a knock on Bryce. He is great for college but the NFL is just another beast and I dont know if itll translate as quick as people hope for. I think Stroud can come in and be immediate because of his accuracy, size and ability to go through progessions fast and deliver a accurate pass.

• Pie 1