• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: Bryce Young is believed to be favorite for #1 for the Panthers right now

TheSpecialJuan

I think if this is true they need to stick with their evaluation and not let recency bias get in the way. It messes up SF, messes up the Jets and will mess us up. You've done a lot of the film work going into the trade, stick with your guy.  

Edited by Jaxel
  • Pie 2

12 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Nobody knows. Rumor is that we aren’t even entirely sure just yet, though that’s hard for me to imagine. But nobody outside of our organization has a clue right now.

I hope it's just bullshit - no way you trade that much and don't have a guy you want. 

You can't second guess yourself here, this is such a massive trade to get wrong.

• Pie 3

If the Panthers made this trade for Bryce Young after the combine, then I doubt they change their minds after his pro day.  Young is much better than Jones.

There was a comment made by Reich (I think) that (to me) is the biggest tell.  He called the QB a "point guard" which is probably the best way to describe Patrick Mahomes.   The QB who most closely draws that comparison in this draft is Bryce Young. 

I see Young, and I see Stroud.  It all depends on what you are going to ask the QB to do.

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, Billy Goat said:

The difference between our situation and The 49ers is we're having the opportunity to pick the Trevor Lawrence of the draft. It's a lot easier to be swayed to pick someone else when you can't pick the no.1 guy.

There isn't a Trevor Lawrence in this Draft, that's why the trade was so desperate. 

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

I hope it's just bullshit - no way you trade that much and don't have a guy you want. 

You can't second guess yourself here, this is such a massive trade to get wrong.

They have all this time on NFL network dedicated to the draft.  Aside from the 50% of the time being given to the Aaron Rodgers "Moses" act, they have to say something. 

I was very strong Stroud 2 weeks ago--now I am tossing a coin.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

They didnt trade all those picks and DJ moore to move up and select a 5'10 buck 80 QB. Im sticking to that. Its nothing against Bryce cuz he can play.

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1