• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: Bryce Young is believed to be favorite for #1 for the Panthers right now

TheSpecialJuan

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen a lot of folks subscribe to that logic, but it's not really valid.

You trade to be able to pick whoever you ultimately want, and in doing so this early they've given themselves plenty of time to decide that.

The notion that they absolutely have to know right now is a fallacy.

If you don't know who you're trading up for, then you don't have "conviction," and Fitterer said that that's a must. 

For me, it's as simple as that. You don't trade up hoping or guessing or researching, you move up already knowing.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Houston loves Bryce Young and its not a secret, if Houston wants Bryce and we are good with Stroud you make it seem like we want Young and you kindly ask to send us #2 and #12 over if you want him that much Houston.

Very least #2 and #33

I Don’t get this logic.

so we tell Houston we want Bryce but we will give him to u for extra picks? Bahaha.

We need a QB but we are willing to give away that QB we want to them even tho we are all competing in the same league? 🤣🤣🤣

Texans are not that foolish, to give anything to move 1 spot. We will never give them the QB we want & they know that. So if we tell them give us something for Bryce, they will know we don’t want him & can just wait to pick him. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

I Don’t get this logic.

so we tell Houston we want Bryce but we will give him to u for extra picks? Bahaha.

We need a QB but we are willing to give away that QB we want to them even tho we are all competing in the same league? 🤣🤣🤣

Texans are not that foolish, to give anything to move 1 spot. We will never give them the QB we want & they know that. So if we tell them give us something for Bryce, they will know we don’t want him & can just wait to pick him. 

In reality, the Texans won’t know which one we are going to select. The premium to move up to #1 is so the Texans don’t have to watch us select their guy. We might go for the trade if we think they won’t select our target, but my preference is stay at #1 and keep it our choice. 

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

I Don’t get this logic.

It’s not that we are calling Houston, we are sitting there and they are guessing is the ploy. Tweets and reports that we love Bryce are what drive Houston to call us. We might actually take Young #1 who knows but that’s the whole idea…the longer you have people/teams in the dark the better.

27 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

In reality, the Texans won’t know which one we are going to select. The premium to move up to #1 is so the Texans don’t have to watch us select their guy. We might go for the trade if we think they won’t select our target, but my preference is stay at #1 and keep it our choice. 

Mine too but if you get any Intel that they like someone more than the other try and use it to your advantage to the best you can.

• Beer 1

When they traded up San Fran didn’t know what the Jets would do.. It was till Wilson Pro Day that we started hearing rumors of their love for Wilson.. Plus they only traded to the 3rd pick?? This thought process makes no sense.. We actually have our pick of the top 2 prospects they didn’t..

13 hours ago, MHS831 said:

If the Panthers made this trade for Bryce Young after the combine, then I doubt they change their minds after his pro day.  Young is much better than Jones.

There was a comment made by Reich (I think) that (to me) is the biggest tell.  He called the QB a "point guard" which is probably the best way to describe Patrick Mahomes.   The QB who most closely draws that comparison in this draft is Bryce Young. 

I see Young, and I see Stroud.  It all depends on what you are going to ask the QB to do.

A lot of people are focusing on the height of Reich's QBs but when you hear him talk Manning's IQ is clearly what had the biggest impact on him as a coach. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, ECHornet said:

Can you please stop posting trash take after trash take.

I see you've been up late pooing posts about your favorite sub 6 foot QB. What are you gonna do if we don't draft him bub? I'll welcome him I'd even welcome Levis although I would be verrry disappointed. But some of ya'll sound like you'd be on the edge of a cliff if his name isn't called.

7 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

It’s not that we are calling Houston, we are sitting there and they are guessing is the ploy. Tweets and reports that we love Bryce are what drive Houston to call us. We might actually take Young #1 who knows but that’s the whole idea…the longer you have people/teams in the dark the better.

Lol still doesn’t make sense.

so let’s say everyone including the panthers know Houston wants bryce. If they call us to trade up to get him & we agree to even talk, that shows them we are not interested in bryce. So why would they give us anything to move while they can just wait?

with all the assets we gave away, there is no way we like a QB but will give him away to take our 2nd choice for picks.

That is not what Tepper or Fit indicated this whole offseason. They want the best & will do anything to get it hence trading up to 1. 

houston knows that…