• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: Bryce Young is believed to be favorite for #1 for the Panthers right now

TheSpecialJuan

We know that Young’s processing is awesome, but I also haven’t heard anything negative about Stroud’s processing. Have we seen any analyst say Stroud is not as good of a processor? Do we have any proof that he is not on the same level? Just because he isn’t running around like Young? That’s more a playing style thing in my mind. And to clarify, I’m totally open to this being the case, but I’m curious if anyone can back this up outside of just a random opinion?

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

But how can you quantifiably say that Young is superior? It's all subjective. 

I did by showing you at this stage, one is calling plays & adjust protection at the line of scrimmage while the other gets plays called in. 

Can CJ do that, I don't know. But what I do know is that he is not currently doing that...

as far as the GA game it was impressive, but it was 1 game. Can that be the new CJ? Sure. But we don't know. 

What we do know is that Bryce has add performances like the that over & over & over again.

5 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

So you are telling me 5'10 can't see over 6'5 line but 6'3 can see over 6'5? Technically, neither of them can.

It's funny how people think that QBs can see over the line. 

I'm 6'3 and I can assure you that I can't see over ppl who are 6'3 let alone taller. 

Andy Reid once said & I'm paraphrasing... "QBs don't look over building to throw the ball, they look between the buildings to throw the ball".

The "can't see over the line" thing is very overrated!

Bryce scrambles when he has to, due to pressure & not because he can't see over the line.

Law Of Averages. If our team knocked 5" and 30lbs off the NFL average we would get clobbered. Do that at any position and then multiple positions you see what a snowball that can become.

There are averages in every facet of life for a reason, ignore them to your eventual detriment.

Screenshot_20230317-102822~2.png

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's not making the decision alone.

Pretty sure whoever Reich and staff settle on will be who Fitterer goes with.

Of course.

Didn't mean to leave Reich out of that.

But my point stands.

They can't outsmart themselves here.

I really think this whole Bryce Young "rumor" is just that :  a rumor.

A smokescreen that will ultimately result in CJ being a Panther.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

We know that Young’s processing is awesome, but I also haven’t heard anything negative about Stroud’s processing. Have we seen any analyst say Stroud is not as good of a processor? Do we have any proof that he is not on the same level? Just because he isn’t running around like Young? That’s more a playing style thing in my mind. And to clarify, I’m totally open to this being the case, but I’m curious if anyone can back this up outside of just a random opinion?

it's based on the reports that Young actually is part of the building the game plan against the opponents every week. He gets the initial plays on sundays and the next day, knows it all and add to to them according to report. keep in mind the plan for most QBs including in the NFL is to start talking abt them on Tuesday. 

No QB in college did that this year as far as what's been reported.

And it shows when he plays. He knows exactly where everyone needs to be lined, hence why he is good a scrambling.

4 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Of course.

Didn't mean to leave Reich out of that.

But my point stands.

They can't outsmart themselves here.

I really think this whole Bryce Young "rumor" is just that :  a rumor.

A smokescreen that will ultimately result in CJ being a Panther.

What's the point of smokescreening when you have the #1 pick?

• Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Did you purposely not read the part where I said (in my opinion) the whole Bryce Young rumor is just a rumor?

Smokescreen or no smokescreen, I think Adam is full of s--t.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It is what I said yesterday.  It doesn’t make sense it’s just the national writers etc thinking we are stupid and they are trying to manufacture content.  I will stand by this, we absolutely know who we are drafting.  You don’t make that trade without knowing.  

6 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Law Of Averages. If our team knocked 5" and 30lbs off the NFL average we would get clobbered. Do that at any position and then multiple positions you see what a snowball that can become.

There are averages in every facet of life for a reason, ignore them to your eventual detriment.

Screenshot_20230317-102822~2.png

This chart flies in the face of your argument. 

you are saying Bryce can't see over the line so he can't throw in the middle. 

The chart shows that QBs on average are shorter than Centers/Guard/tackles.

by your logic, no average height QB (which is basically what CJ is btw) can throw over the middle just like Bryce due to size.

So what does it matter that CJ is taller then?