• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: Bryce Young is believed to be favorite for #1 for the Panthers right now

TheSpecialJuan

7 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

I could see Young taking more hits because he thinks he can escape, whereas Stroud will throw the ball away. I also wouldn't underestimate Stroud's mobility. He shows he can do it, he just didn't have a need for it. Young couldn't see over the line so he would have to move more to find lanes which people are wowed by but it isn't really indicative of anything other than the fact that he's short. 

So give me Stroud who can see over and around the line without having to scramble versus Young who HAS to scramble to even see anything. 

I tried to say this but they wouldn't listen. The line doesnt get any smaller in the NFL and the defenses are more complex. It will take time for him to develop the traits needed. That scrambling stuff doesnt work as well in the NFL. They are a much more disciplined in gap assignments and he may be a magician in college but that dont always translate to success in the NFL unless your on Mike Vick level.

2 hours ago, Bluetooth said:

This coming from Darnold's #1 fan, your vote of confidence in Stroud has me worry about CJ being a bust, it's Young or AR at this point for me.

Young going be a top 10 QB his whole NFL career.

But AR has the potential to be a top 3 QB for the next generation, he is the ultimate Madden Creation at QB brought to life.

kingsley shut up GIF

You never stop.

I'm living rent-free in your head (or is that Sam Darnold, since you're mentioning him all the time?)

What my opinion is about this, has no effect on anything.

And my opinion is that CJ is the SURE THING.   

Macho Man Deal With It GIF

Now head on back to the Chicago Bears forum and continue selling Bears fans on PJ Walker's "Greatness".   Shoo!  Shoo! 

Edited by glenwo2

28 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Bryce is five inches below average QB height. My logic is a team full of scrappy Bryce Youngs will get pummeled by a team of full grown Will Levis.

Lightweight vs Heavyweights, football is already hard enough. Relying on undersized players is one thing, picking a undersized QB at #1 is much too high a risk when there are other guys in this draft without Young's limitations.

There's nothing wrong with Bryce getting a late first round second round "prove it" contract. That's what is most likely here. Young at the moment is a pawn in a staring match and nobody is blinking.

Averages are the rules. One guy may be the acception for only but so long. 

Bahahaha that was a whole lot of none sense…let’s see on draft night & the rest of their career. 

10 hours ago, Ivory Panther said:

it's based on the reports that Young actually is part of the building the game plan against the opponents every week. He gets the initial plays on sundays and the next day, knows it all and add to to them according to report. keep in mind the plan for most QBs including in the NFL is to start talking abt them on Tuesday. 

No QB in college did that this year as far as what's been reported.

And it shows when he plays. He knows exactly where everyone needs to be lined, hence why he is good a scrambling.

That was kind of my point, we know what Young do/can do, we don’t know if Stroud is very similar or not. E.g. we know that Levis struggles.

On 3/17/2023 at 5:53 PM, Jon Snow said:

She said all that to say absolutely nothing.  "My other teams connections say Young is the 1st pick on their boards" so therefore he's the Panthers 1st choice as well.

I can only post the information available to me. I do not know who the Panthers have as their number one as I have said previously. I do know a few teams have Bryce as their #1 which would create at least somewhat of a consensus. 

• Pie 3

40 minutes ago, Verge said:

I can only post the information available to me. I do not know who the Panthers have as their number one as I have said previously. I do know a few teams have Bryce as their #1 which would create at least somewhat of a consensus. 

Are you at liberty to say who those few teams are, if I may ask?

I really not trying to jump the gun here but the more i search around i keep seeing talks of bryce young POSSIBLY not being all the way clear of that shoulder injury he got late last year. Meaning, that it may be one of those things that lingers or gradually gets worse without going into a lot of detail and its not something being acknowledged by the media or might not ever will be. No, Its Not anything official from reporters and writers but just rumors being discussed in forums and the possibility of it being linked to why he isnt doing any physical activity till later. Going to proclaim now im not running with this but just sharing that i have came across it more than once now looking around. Im Just sharing what i have read. 

1 hour ago, MGH1989 said:

Some Huddlers are acting like Bryce Young is dog poo because he is small. He is the consensus best QB in the draft. You have evaluators n record saying he would be regarded as a Burrow/Luck/Lawrence level prospect if it were not for the size.

Not the consensus best QB in the draft