• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears sign D’Onta Foreman

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Sanders/Hubbard is a pretty small backfield. 

Exactly!!! I cannot for the life of me see those two pounding the other team and wearing them down like Foreman could.

I was hoping the Panthers would resign Foreman to add power to the Sanders/Hubbard backfield but I sadly  realize that money is tight and the Panthers have lots of other holes to fill.   

• Beer 1

The O-Line made Foreman look really good with the massive holes they made. When he had room to run, he was a fuging bulldozer.  When the holes were tight, he always got stuffed. I think you guys will really be surprised with Sanders in the backfield. 

Edited by Cam Lawter
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, The Huddler said:

or he got butthurt we signed a better RB to bigger money. 

dude is slightly better than a JAG, panther fans are overly sentimental.  hes like a fat chick thrown into a bar of military men fresh out of deployment.  we have been so starved for anything positive that we got beer goggles on with this dude

reality is, hes an older RB with an achilles history that happened to find himself in a perfect situation where he got a bunch of touched behind a good OL, and the offense and game plan was built on the run game and playing defense cause that was our only chance at sniffing a win. 

Not sweating it in the least, ive been saying this all offseason, and that contract tells me the entire NFL agrees. 

Well, you put it more colorfully than I would have, but I was going to say the same thing something like this: Only in the Huddle is a little above a JAG so overrated, but he was paid a little above JAG because he is a little above JAG. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

If Sanders stays healthy yes. 

Saw Josh Norris talking about Williams in the same way.  That inside the 20’s Williams was great. In middle of field they were average.  

That is kind of how I see Foreman compared to Sanders.  Behind this OL Sanders will continue to be explosive. He will have more of a workload than I. Philly.  Philly also has a great OL.  But I think the added volume plus the explosiveness he brings it will be and upgrade.  Couple that with Duce and Reich knowing he can catch the ball will help a young QB.  To me that’s the deciding factor of why the nailed him down.

I think you are right about Sanders. They wanted someone who can run and catch the ball and is also familiar with this offense. We are bringing in guys who will easily pick up the system so we can play well out of the box. I am glad the FO and coaches aren't resigned to a losing season before we are 2 weeks into free agency like some folks here.

Foreman's a very good runner. But Sanders' rookie-year reception count is more than double Foreman's career total. Foreman limits the offense; Sanders opens it up. That's the difference in value. 

A lot is being made of Foreman's RYOE, which was sixth the league. Guess who was right behind him at seventh? Chuba Hubbard! We still have a very good runner in the backfield, but now we have someone who can catch passes, too.

• Pie 1