• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore on the trade

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Bearzzz said:

@frankw and @JawnyBlaze thanks for taking the drama out of the discussion and providing your honest assessments. Wasn't my intention to piss off some of the people on here. Hopefully both teams come away happy with the trade.

Moore certainly had his critics here, with the most common complaint probably being that some felt he was more of a #2 receiver that we were trying to make into a #1.

I had a former co-worker (Cowboys fan) who wasn't exactly a fan of Moore when he was drafted. His statement to me was that we would come to regret it.

Can't say I ever came to that point, but I do understand some of the criticisms.

Edited by Mr. Scot

24 minutes ago, Bearzzz said:

@frankw and @JawnyBlaze thanks for taking the drama out of the discussion and providing your honest assessments. Wasn't my intention to piss off some of the people on here. Hopefully both teams come away happy with the trade.

Yea, well when you come out slinging words like “fleeced” it’s gonna happen lol. We’ve already gotta listen to 75% of the national media describe it that way despite according to the trade chart it’s pretty much an even fair trade (with Moore as a mid first round value).  Definitely a win-win situation imo, same as the McCaffrey trade earlier in the year. Just something that had to be done. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Yea, well when you come out slinging words like “fleeced” it’s gonna happen lol. We’ve already gotta listen to 75% of the national media describe it that way despite according to the trade chart it’s pretty much an even fair trade (with Moore as a mid first round value).  Definitely a win-win situation imo, same as the McCaffrey trade earlier in the year. Just something that had to be done. 

Saw some comments I thought were unfair. My apologies if I ruffled some feathers.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Not sure if DJ noticed but we need a QB 

He was sort of asked to throw the Panthers QB situation under the bus a few times during his interview and he took the high road. 

It’s less than ten minutes long, folks should listen to it before feeling offended about something he said in the interview. At no point did it seem like he was being a drama queen. 

I don’t know why fans have to act this way whenever a really good player is traded. DJ had some of the worst qbs his entire career here and still produced 1k yard seasons. DJ is a beast and I think he’s gonna help with Fields’ continued development. I wish dj nothing but the best. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Varking said:

He was sort of asked to throw the Panthers QB situation under the bus a few times during his interview and he took the high road. 

It’s less than ten minutes long, folks should listen to it before feeling offended about something he said in the interview. At no point did it seem like he was being a drama queen. 

Acting like we wanted to get rid of him and he wasn't valued here ain't exactly the high road in my book. He's taking it way better than DWill and Benjamin atleast. 

13 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Acting like we wanted to get rid of him and he wasn't valued here ain't exactly the high road in my book. He's taking it way better than DWill and Benjamin atleast. 

He said he understood the business side of it and moved on quickly. Going to miss the housing in Charlotte though. 

48 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I don’t know why fans have to act this way whenever a really good player is traded. DJ had some of the worst qbs his entire career here and still produced 1k yard seasons. DJ is a beast and I think he’s gonna help with Fields’ continued development. I wish dj nothing but the best. 

Not sure, saw the same thing happen in Chicago when they traded Roquan Smith. He was a tackling machine and an all pro but Bears fans were talking so much smack about him after he was moved. Suddenly he couldn't tackle or make impact plays so good riddance. Really sucked to see him go.

6 minutes ago, Bearzzz said:

Not sure, saw the same thing happen in Chicago when they traded Roquan Smith. He was a tackling machine and an all pro but Bears fans were talking so much smack about him after he was moved. Suddenly he couldn't tackle or make impact plays so good riddance. Really sucked to see him go.

I’m a huge fan of dj. I think with an above average to great qb he’s a 1500 10 td type of receiver. He got so much crap here because he “couldn’t take over games” with Sam Darnold, Kyle Allen, baker mayfield, pj walker, and Teddy bridgewater throwing him the ball. I don’t know what these people expected. A lot of this fanbase shits on fields because we passed over him but I think Fields is going to love DJ and they’re gonna do some damage. Especially if y’all fix that oline.