• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore on the trade

Mr. Scot

No bas feelings toward him.  its human emotion i would feel the same way

but at the end of the day, finding and attaining a franchise QB for the next decade is way more important than holding onto a WR for 5 years. 

sorry DJ, you were expendable when it comes to fixing our QB problem. 

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, therealmjl said:

He’s always been super uncomfortable when the cameras and mics are on him. I suspect he just rambled and said something stupid due to nerves.  

I mean he can't say he isn't looking forward to being there or that he wishes he was still in Carolina. Wouldn't go over well with the new fans and teammates

Always liked DJ and I wanted him to flourish into a true #1. However, he never appeared to be that true number one where he could take over games. He just went out there and did what was asked of him, and didn’t appear to have that drive to dominate. The only time, to me, where he actually showed some emotion was when he took his helmet off last season. Sure he was penalized for it, etc etc, but that’s what I was always wanting to see from DJ. Now, hearing that he has a chip on his shoulder for being traded, I’m sure that will only show up when we play the Bears next season. 

• Pie 1

In the words of the great Moose.  Chicago is where wide receivers go to die.  We loved you while you were hear DJ even though you showed a lack of effort and lazy routes sometimes,  you were the best receiver we've had in a long time.  Unfortunately for him, a franchise qb is a lot harder to find then a good number 1/ great #2 wr.

This is all sour grapes. Both 'sides' of it.

Him all butthurt, I get. Why are fans? Yeah, he is the unwanted one here, in realty. And is hurt by it. He'll respond I think. Maybe not Smitty level destruction, but a Carolina Chicago game could be fun.

edit: or really depressing.

Also, didn't Moose play for Lovie there? They wanted to have that old Chicago defense. And had some really good players. But they had Lovie.

and 

Edited by stratocatter

This is hilarious. I watched the interview and didn't feel like he said anything controversial. Was the same old standard player interview, boring. Understandable most of you are upset after getting fleeced in the trade. That's no reason to dog the dude. Just move on and be happy with the lottery ticket you just purchased.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 6

10 hours ago, therealmjl said:

He’s always been super uncomfortable when the cameras and mics are on him. I suspect he just rambled and said something stupid due to nerves.  

That's what I thought when I saw it.  DJ is not a talker at all.  He's still dealing with it emotionally because he has to uproot his family to Chicago and it was very sudden.  So personally, I get it.

For the rest of things: it's all just football talk.  Nothing too crazy there.

We have some massive snowflakes in this part of the fanbase.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Bearzzz said:

This is hilarious. I watched the interview and didn't feel like he said anything controversial. Was the same old standard player interview, boring. Understandable most of you are upset after getting fleeced in the trade. That's no reason to dog the dude. Just move on and be happy with the lottery ticket you just purchased.

Lol. Enjoy his lack of effort, garbage time stats, and ability to be completely erased from the game anytime a competent corner mans up on him. 

3 wins with a franchise “quarterback”….cute

Edited by therealmjl

39 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Lol. Enjoy his lack of effort, garbage time stats, and ability to be completely erased from the game anytime a competent corner mans up on him. 

3 wins with a franchise “quarterback”….cute

Oh definitely will enjoy watching this team. I'm sure you realized the team was gutted and setup to lose so we can get a high pick and get rid of high price players. Those 3 wins got us a nice haul. And if our "franchise" QB doesn't pan out, guess what we have draft capital to go get another (thanks Carolina!). What's your contingency if the rookie you draft is a bust?

I have to be honest, this is the first time I've heard of DJ not giving effort on the field. I haven't watched many Carolina games. You guys would know him better than me. I'll have to research.

• Poo 3