• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore on the trade

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

It will be interesting to see what it would have looked like if we actually had taken Justin Fields. Moore/Foreman and they're working on fixing the O-line, Fields is gonna have to step up and show he can throw

After his rookie year, everyone though Fields was a bust.  For the first part of his second seasons, those feelings didn't change much.  Everyone started to be impressed with his running ability but as a passer he's still a huge question mark.  I'm not convinced he'll ever be a franchise QB but the jury's still out.

29 minutes ago, NAS said:

After his rookie year, everyone though Fields was a bust.  For the first part of his second seasons, those feelings didn't change much.  Everyone started to be impressed with his running ability but as a passer he's still a huge question mark.  I'm not convinced he'll ever be a franchise QB but the jury's still out.

I think a lot of that depends on him and on his coaching staff.  He needs to work on decision making, time, accuracy.   His coaching staff needs to design the offense in a way that he can succeed.  Of course, both of those things could happen, and he still not work out.  Or he could become a star.  No one knows at this point.  For better or worse, I guess its not our problem.  

4 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I mean I can understand having some emotions about it, but anyone with half a brain and the ability to read can see they didn’t want to get rid of him. We just weren’t going to get our QB without letting him go.

15 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I mean he can't say he isn't looking forward to being there or that he wishes he was still in Carolina. Wouldn't go over well with the new fans and teammates

You know....

If he could've said this :

"While I'm disappointed that the Panthers made this decision, I can understand why they had to do it.  I'm just happy that the Bears organization thought highly of me to give up what they did to bring me here.   I look forward to doing whatever is necessary to make this team successful."

If he said something like this, there wouldn't be any issue.  

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 3

29 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Bruh.   C'mon, man....

That's BS. 

The price for moving up to #1 was including you in the deal.   

You should be flattered, not pissed. 

Didn't seem like he was pissed to me but you guys would know his personality better. I think he will do very well in Chicago. If he is lazy as one of the posters said here, it will definitely be an issue with the coaching staff. The team grades every player on every play in practice as well as games. 

25 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

You know....

"While I'm disappointed that the Panthers made this decision, I can understand why they had to do it.  I'm just happy that the Bears organization thought highly of me to give up what they did to bring me here.   I look forward to doing whatever is necessary to make this team successful."

sounds like something Darnold would say

41 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

You know....

DJ is not very bright.  Remember his public apology to his wife lol

1 hour ago, Bearzzz said:

Didn't seem like he was pissed to me but you guys would know his personality better. I think he will do very well in Chicago. If he is lazy as one of the posters said here, it will definitely be an issue with the coaching staff. The team grades every player on every play in practice as well as games. 

He’s not lazy, moody might be a better way to describe it. When things are going well he’s balling. If things are tough it appears he doesn’t give 100%. I love DJ but this comment sounded very petulant. Not angry, but dumb af.  Like a little kid whose friend picked the star athlete to be on their dodgeball team first and pouts “I didn’t wanna be on your team anyway, I’ll be on this team that appreciates me”.  I’m sure he’ll show out at first, but if things aren’t going well in year two he might go back to less than 100%. 

58 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

He’s not lazy, moody might be a better way to describe it. When things are going well he’s balling. If things are tough it appears he doesn’t give 100%. I love DJ but this comment sounded very petulant. Not angry, but dumb af.  Like a little kid whose friend picked the star athlete to be on their dodgeball team first and pouts “I didn’t wanna be on your team anyway, I’ll be on this team that appreciates me”.  I’m sure he’ll show out at first, but if things aren’t going well in year two he might go back to less than 100%. 

Thanks for the additional information. So basically he is an NFL wide receiver (prima donnas). The season will be interesting with him and Claypool who is also Moody. I guess what surprised me was Carolina turned down a 1st round pick for him from GB at the trade deadline. Based on what I'm hearing I would have thought they would jump at that opportunity.

3 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Bruh.   C'mon, man....

That's BS. 

The price for moving up to #1 was including you in the deal.   

You should be flattered, not pissed. 

He wasn’t mad if you actually listen to the interview. He said it took just a few seconds to move on and he understood it was the business side of things. 

3 hours ago, IN FITTZ WE TRUST said:

sounds like something Darnold would say

Sounds like something "someone who is able to be diplomatic" would say.

But yeah...by all means...bring up Darnold just because I'm still here...You're only making yourself look like a fool.

(and a brand-new Account, I see.   Gee, I wonder who this could be?  Shouldn't you be posting in the Chicago Bears forum where PJ is now? 🤔 )

Edited by glenwo2

3 hours ago, Bearzzz said:

Honestly some Panthers fans here are embarrassing themselves. You just need to talk to some folks with sense and not an agenda. DJ is a very solid dude. He's not a big personality though he's more quiet and a go about his business type. There were issues with him kind of loafing on plays here and there and not always having his head in the moment in games. Some if that is probably frustration built up due to the QB's he's worked with and also the mess that went down with the previous coaching staff finally reaching a boiling point. You got a really good player. The question is how will this moment define him? If he goes off this season and takes his game to the next level good for him. If he doesn't well bad for you guys. Probably will end up somewhere in between.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Bearzzz said:

Thanks for the additional information. So basically he is an NFL wide receiver (prima donnas). The season will be interesting with him and Claypool who is also Moody. I guess what surprised me was Carolina turned down a 1st round pick for him from GB at the trade deadline. Based on what I'm hearing I would have thought they would jump at that opportunity.

Nah, he’s actually the opposite of a prima donna. Like frank said he’s very laid back. Seems mildly introverted and keeps his frustrations to himself most of the time. That’s why this petulance kinda caught me off guard. But whatever, it’s not a big deal, just surprising and kinda dumb. We really didn’t want to let go of him, that’s why we turned down the 1 from GB and tried to give you guys an extra 1, but the Bears required him as part of the trade so it had to be done

Edited by JawnyBlaze
Typos