• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marc Ryan - "Carolina Zeroed in on Stroud and Richardson"

CPcavedweller

Just now, OldhamA said:

If you want to join the dots, Dalton was the bridge starter in Chicago before they deemed Fields ready to take the reigns.

Dalton isn’t even getting a press conference and he signed today .. If they planned on him being the starter he would get more media attention..More and More it looks like the Vet Mentor and not the bridge guy waiting for the young guy to be ready…

They are drafting a day 1 starter..

21 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Would make absolutely 0 sense to trade up to 1 for Richardson, if you trade down to 3 or 4 for him then why trade up to 1 in the first place. Probably could've kept DJ and gave up a little less to get to 3 and get him. 

I think I've seen it reported that no team in the history of the NFL draft has ever traded up to #1 and then traded out of it. The Panthers would be stupid as hell to be the first team to do so 

Because the Colts weren't going to move down to 9. So we trade up to one to get leverage over the situation while still providing opportunity within the top 5 to get the QB we want.

It's not that hard to figure out. 

Also, the Texans have two first round picks, one of which isn't tradeable. So if we could get a 2nd and a 2nd next year to trade back down to two, and still get Stroud, LFG. Highest value picks are the 2nd and 3rd rounds and this draft has a ton of depth in talent throughout Day 1 and 2. Probably the most talent I recall in a draft honestly. Pro Bowl talent will be there on Day 2. If you can get an extra second by screwing with the AFC South, do it. 

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

high quality GIF

couldnt find one that said are they though, so this will have to suffice heh

Yes JMo.. I know some ppl don’t want to give credit but our local beat writers have been way on point more then National ppl who don’t care and barely knows the team..

2 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Dalton isn’t even getting a press conference and he signed today .. If they planned on him being the starter he would get more media attention..More and More it looks like the Vet Mentor and not the bridge guy waiting for the young guy to be ready…

They are drafting a day 1 starter..

Dalton isn't the starter.

Dimwhitted fans on Twitter and other fan forums seemed to believe we picked him up to be the starter for however long which made me LOL.

He's the experienced back-up we need to act as a second QB coach while also being capable of playing. Dalton may end up being a decent coach one day. He has the look and the experience.

Edited by CPcavedweller

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

Because the Colts weren't going to move down to 9. So we trade up to one to get leverage over the situation while still providing opportunity within the top 5 to get the QB we want.

It's not that hard to figure out. 

Also, the Texans have two first round picks, one of which isn't tradeable. So if we could get a 2nd and a 2nd next year to trade back down to two, and still get Stroud, LFG. Highest value picks are the 2nd and 3rd rounds and this draft has a ton of depth in talent throughout Day 1 and 2. Probably the most talent I recall in a draft honestly. Pro Bowl talent will be there on Day 2. If you can get an extra second by screwing with the AFC South, do it. 

This doesn’t makes sense if Houston likes 2 QB and don’t care to give up assets for just 1 of them…

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

Team with the #1 overall pick doesn’t have to play games though.  Entire league knew we were taking Cam the year we got him. 

Teams have too much time now between combine and the draft. I am afraid we will talk ourselves out of the best choice. 

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

Dalton isn't the starter.

Dimwhitted fans on Twitter and other fan forums seemed to believe we picked him up to be the starter for however long which made me LOL.

He's the experienced back-up we need to act as a second QB coach while also being capable of playing. Dalton may end up being a decent coach one day. He has the look and the experience.

I agree that’s why I don’t think Richardson or Levi’s is in the discussion..

32 minutes ago, t96 said:

You’d be surprised. It’s misinformation season and everyone everywhere is trying to get a tiny leg up on other teams with a grasp of accurate information, and I do think teams get spooked out by certain reports/tweets, or at least are aware of them and trying to figure out what other teams’ plans are.

You’re right, I’d be absolutely shocked if any teams gave a crap about who’s tweeting what and lended it any credence at all. 

It’s all bull and I’ll even go as far to say Richardson goes closer to pick 32 than he does pick 1 and I have 0 sources. 

This is the Andy Dalton roll out.. No press conference no family and kids at the podium.. No Media availability and wearing a suit.. Just this..  They aren’t treating him like the Starter..

They are drafting a day 1 starter ppl.. Our FO isn’t crazy..