• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer on #1, trade down options

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Rags said:

you missed the part at the beginning where he said "We don't know yet"

His guess is way more informed than ours. Two people have said this now so I beginning to believe there's a little smoke to the "If the draft were today" fire

More than two, in fact...

50 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think we will.

But I do think we're open to it.

Still have to get a good enough offer though...

Only way I see it happening is if Houston is obsessed with a QB, becomes convinced we're going to take him, they panic offering something crazy like #2 & a 2nd rounder this year, & their 1st rounder & a 3rd in '24.

Granted, the odds are only slightly better than winning the lottery.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Again no poster or insider has given us a clue as to what a trade with Houston would look like.  

According to the draft simulators I’ve been running, Houston will give us pick 2, 12, 33, and a 2024 1st to move up to 1. The Panthers will then trade them back pick 2 and a 5th rd pick to move back to 1, then trade back down to 3 with the Cardinals to pick up more second and third round picks and recoup the 5th rd pick.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

The Office Reaction GIF

Hey man, his opinion is worth as much as ANYONE ELSES ON THIS BOARD. We just don't have the Twitter followers to make our sense of self-worth. 

That is a huge pet peeve of mine though. What makes "influencer" opinions more valuable than anyone else's other than the fact that they have "followers"? Charles Manson had followers and we see where that went.

3 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

According to the draft simulators I’ve been running, Houston will give us pick 2, 12, 33, and a 2024 1st to move up to 1. The Panthers will then trade them back pick 2 and a 5th rd pick to move back to 1, then trade back down to 3 with the Cardinals to pick up more second and third round picks and recoup the 5th rd pick.

30176161-D2A3-4941-B4A1-4A41EDB49D56.jpeg

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 1

17 minutes ago, 332nd said:

Only way I see it happening is if Houston is obsessed with a QB, becomes convinced we're going to take him, they panic offering something crazy like #2 & a 2nd rounder this year, & their 1st rounder & a 3rd in '24.

Granted, the odds are only slightly better than winning the lottery.

There is one other scenario I could possibly see, that being that the Texans see us talking to the Colts.

There's also a potential scenario where we actually trade with the Colts, but that only becomes plausible if A) we like three guys and/or B) they make us a ridiculous offer.

Gun to my head, I think we stay at #1. My hope in that scenario is we take CJ Stroud...

...but anything's possible. 

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Again no poster or insider has given us a clue as to what a trade with Houston would look like.  

It wouldn’t be #2 and #12 for #1, like some posters here seem to think. It’s not like Houston is trading up from #7 to #1. It’s a single spot, and I don’t think Houston will part with another first for that. 

Edited by Bama Panther
  • Pie 4

2 minutes ago, NJPanthers89 said:

Definitely not going to get what people think to move back one spot lol, it would be more like a second rounder, or maybe even a 3rd and 4th.  It’s 1 spot lol, multiple firsts aren’t remotely happening.  

I think you could get the second rounder - depends on how much of a threat they feel the Colts are. I doubt we would move to 4 though. I'm perfectly happy staying at one and taking CJ Stroud or Bryce Young. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I think you could get the second rounder - depends on how much of a threat they feel the Colts are. I doubt we would move to 4 though. I'm perfectly happy staying at one and taking CJ Stroud or Bryce Young. 

Yes a second is plausible, but people thinking we’re getting 12 plus a future first have no idea how the draft works.  I’m not moving back to 4 unless I’m fine with Levis (which I am).  Plus I would def ask for Pittman in the package.  Then it’s like we essentially traded up to 4 for free 

Edited by NJPanthers89
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1