• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer on #1, trade down options

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

We have had a good few posters with legit inside info from time to time.

We've had former players who have joined and posted and we've had people within the org who have joined but never posted.

We have had several members who, under previous regimes, we're in the building quite a bit and/or we're in contact with people either employed by the Panthers or because of their work were inside the building a lot.

I know I have had info passed on to me in here about things that were going to happen. Sometimes right before it happened. 

Most of that shut down during the Rhule era. I'm hoping that it comes back, though. I think it's starting to because I'm already hearing a little bit myself. 

I usually keep whatever tidbits I hear to myself though, because it's not my story to tell. I will say that, as much as I don't like it, there is no consensus inside the building yet for who will be the #1 pick. Young has a camp and Stroud has a camp and both camps have a lot of pull. Weight seems to be fluctuating between the two depending on the day it seems.

Personally I don't care which of the two it is. I think both are going to be studs.... depending on the landing spot and situation.

I will personally state that I will support whomever they select at QB.

That said, however, considering Reich's comments on the type of QB he is looking for, it looks more and more like it's going to be CJ (or at least CJ has the edge as of right now anyway). 

IF a trade down were to happen, I can't imagine the move being made anytime soon. They've got plenty of time to continue vetting QB1 and while they might find themselves interested in more than one of them they might also fall head over heels for a particular prospect.

12 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

According to the draft simulators I’ve been running, Houston will give us pick 2, 12, 33, and a 2024 1st to move up to 1. The Panthers will then trade them back pick 2 and a 5th rd pick to move back to 1, then trade back down to 3 with the Cardinals to pick up more second and third round picks and recoup the 5th rd pick.

Woooo!!! That would a lot of wild trading.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

We've had former players who have joined and posted and we've had people within the org who have joined but never posted.

We have had several members who, under previous regimes, we're in the building quite a bit and/or we're in contact with people either employed by the Panthers or because of their work were inside the building a lot.

I know I have had info passed on to me in here about things that were going to happen. Sometimes right before it happened. 

Most of that shut down during the Rhule era. I'm hoping that it comes back, though. I think it's starting to because I'm already hearing a little bit myself. 

I usually keep whatever tidbits I hear to myself though, because it's not my story to tell. I will say that, as much as I don't like it, there is no consensus inside the building yet for who will be the #1 pick. Young has a camp and Stroud has a camp and both camps have a lot of pull. Weight seems to be fluctuating between the two depending on the day it seems.

Personally I don't care which of the two it is. I think both are going to be studs.... depending on the landing spot and situation.

I find it amazing Bryce has that much support not ability wise but based on his size.

Someone's really going to have to convince me. I'm not feeling Bryce at all!

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

Yeah it could be a nice way to net a pick from HOU, but I find it a weird strategy to just say--here you go Houston, make the decision for us please.  Thanks.

"Hey houston, the colts are ready to give up all their draft pick in order to take young. Our intel shows you love him best.......Being honest here, we dont want to move down and lose the chance to draft CJ stroud, but the offer is too good...... Can we work figure this out where both of us get what we want??"

1 hour ago, Hoenheim said:

I find it amazing Bryce has that much support not ability wise but based on his size.

Someone's really going to have to convince me. I'm not feeling Bryce at all!

Bryce is listed at 6 ft while CJ is listed at 6 ft 3 in, though.

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

So you telling me Stroud and Young are basically who they are deciding on right now?

Good to hear AR and Levis aren't seriously being considered with the #1 pick.