• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Besides QB, what do y'all think are out biggest draft needs?

Panthero

WR- duh

OL- depth

LBs- everything

CB- depth, spot starter, NB

FS- depth

DL- depth roles for new 3-4

This is assuming the 1st is used on QB. 

Maybe- RB shouldnt be too hard to find a better option than either chubba or blackshen.

TE as well- lots of number 4 depth players. 

summary- whole squad. focus should be BPA. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

WR, TE, RB, 5-Tech, ILB, IOL, and swing Tackle.

I agree on everything but RB and TE. The added FA's make those less important. I would say CB should replace those. Also a single utility OL guy who can fill multiple spots in a pinch consolidates those two. So in my opinion WR, ILB, CB, OL and 5 tech. Just trimmed it to 5 needs. Something is gonna have to give cause we are limited by number of picks and that 1ST is earmarked for one position. 

• Pie 2

Good question.

Based on what they said about Chinn and Luvu, it tells me that they need a nickel CB (to keep Horn on the outside) and they need an Edge (So Luvu can play LB and maybe some OLB in 4-3 looks?)

1.  WR (if we sign Chark or another, this is eliminated)

2. OLB/Edge (I am hoping that Barno steps up)

3. Nickel CB (A nickel CB to use when Chinn is not playing the big nickel would keep Horn outside)

4. 3-4 DE  (these are rotational players, and we definitely need at least 1 DE)

5. Swing OT (As of now, this may not be that big of a need--Cade Mays to LG, BC to swing T.  still like to see a depth player so that we do not lose effectiveness at 2 positions if a T goes down)

6. LB  (I like Smith, but with Thompson, we need some depth)

7. Safety (we have 4 Safeties if you count Chinn, and if Chinn plays somewhere else, we would have no depth for 3-S looks.

• Pie 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2023 at 8:49 PM, 45catfan said:

WR, TE, RB, 5-Tech, ILB, IOL, and swing Tackle.

Not fair to go back to March 19 and call you out, but I recently posted something and I can't recall the source--that they preferred to have BC as the swing T and that is the reason they might draft a G.  One thing is for sure, if the take Bryce, the OL will be top notch.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, pantherj said:

Biggest needs:

WR, OLB, DE.

I think that this is important.  Easy to list 5-7 needs and say, "We have 6 picks to fill these needs"   In most cases, 2 needs will be filled during the draft--and QB is the first.

So can we fill 3 needs with picks 39, 93, and 114?  That would be amazing, but probably not. 

If I had to pick 2 needs after QB, I might go Edge (OLB) and G. 

I recently started thinking that G might be a need bigger than anyone realizes.

• Pie 1

On 4/17/2023 at 9:38 AM, 45catfan said:

The staff did a good job filling needs in FA in order to take BPA when the draft rolls around.

I would still say:

Tier 1: WR, TE and edge

Tier 2: NT, ILB and RB

Tier 3: CB, 5-Tech, swing tackle, C/G, FS

Here is how I see it:

Tier 1:  OLB/Edge  I just don't see Haynes, Barno, or YGM as being good enough to play opposite Burns.  I have this at Tier 1 because we need a starter or rotational guy day 1, imo.  By the way, if NT is a bigger problem than I realized, I could see us taking Mazi Smith at 39 if there.

Tier 2:  CB, G.  I think CB is a bigger problem than we are acknowledging.  DJax has a torn Achilles, Horn has been a bit fragile, and Henderson and Taylor were posterized by Evans and I can't forget it. The draft is pretty deep at CB as well--gotta fish while the fishing is good.  I think they may want to pull Christensen out as a swing T and find a starting LG--Cade was not bad last year--As for a backup C, we have Mays and McCown.

Tier 3: WR, TE, FS: The reason I have WR so low is that I do not see the need big enough for us to bypass an edge in round 2.  After that, we have a full roster of smallish slots--which is what this draft is all about.  TE?  I would have had this #1, but we signed Hurst and have Tremble and Thomas---not great, but not our biggest need either. 

• Pie 3