• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have been really good at keeping things quiet....

TheCasillas

Did some thinking this morning and I am realizing that this is the most concealed that this office has ever been. Seems like every expert, analyst, or media source has been dead wrong when trying to forecast what our plan is. 

If you think about recent years under who shal not be named ... we knew everything and our moves were predictable. 

So here is my question to the huddle.... Why do you think this is? How have we become so good at keeping things internal?

My theory: Respect. I believe our FO/Staff has a lot of respect around the league and when they have conversations with other offices, they keep the door shut.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Pie 8

I think intentional leaks are also a big factor. Potentially even with this front office. They could be intentionally leaking different names for our favored QB on purpose. I think so much of this time of year is gamesmanship and Voldemort was just clueless.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Maybe Im off - feel free to share material of someone predicting our offseason coaching hires and offseason acquisitions. 

Then we can close this thread.

No, you may actually be right. THe info we are getting could be all guesses from the media. 

I tend to agree, I have never seen this much confusion over what we are doing in the draft, or what free agents we are bringing. For example, no one saw Miles Sanders actually getting signed. People listed him as a good fit, but to me that came out of nowhere. Didn't see him connected by anyone.

13 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Did some thinking this morning and I am realizing that this is the most concealed that this office has ever been. Seems like every expert, analyst, or media source has been dead wrong when trying to forecast what our plan is. 

If you think about recent years under who shal not be named ... we knew everything and our moves were predictable. 

So here is my question to the huddle.... Why do you think this is? How have we become so good at keeping things internal?

My theory: Respect. I believe our FO/Staff has a lot of respect around the league and when they have conversations with other offices, they keep the door shut.

Let me know your thoughts.

It shouldn’t be. Playing the media is amateur.

16 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

I think so much of this time of year is gamesmanship and Voldemort was just clueless.

No need to besmirch Voldemort’s name and reputation by comparing him to Rhule.  That’s just unnecessarily cruel.  

Be better than that.

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Even the illustrious Hurndog couldn't hide his intentions. Will Grier was one of the worst kept secrets leading up to draft day. When he focused in on a player, there was no chance of getting any kind of deal. While there are moves this offseason I'm not as fond of as others, they've done well concealing their intentions. It's refreshing to see this franchise being run like a business instead of a good ol boys club.