• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have been really good at keeping things quiet....

TheCasillas

“He who shall not be named” was the type that didn’t get the nuances or garner the respect in a room. If at the end of the day, it was mostly his decisions as Panthers czar, then the people who’s advice he wasn’t taking seriously likely had no problem texting media/analyst types about things.

Right now, it seems we have Dave, Scott, Sul, Dan & the staff collaborating with each other and none of them have any interest in leaking things out. The objective is collaboration, respect and growth. No incentive to overflow with leaks subtract misdirection.

27 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Did some thinking this morning and I am realizing that this is the most concealed that this office has ever been. Seems like every expert, analyst, or media source has been dead wrong when trying to forecast what our plan is. 

If you think about recent years under who shal not be named ... we knew everything and our moves were predictable. 

So here is my question to the huddle.... Why do you think this is? How have we become so good at keeping things internal?

My theory: Respect. I believe our FO/Staff has a lot of respect around the league and when they have conversations with other offices, they keep the door shut.

Let me know your thoughts.

I think of it is the whole beat writers suck. No one has legit "insider" sources. Most times now panthers.com will post an article minutes after all the joes, daves, and elliss post one "breakin" twattar news. 

Plus normally you have to built up the relationship and earn trust, theres been a massive staff turn over and a couple new FO types. The rhule crew were not here longer enough to start leaking and the only hold overs are one year campy&tabor. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Maybe Im off - feel free to share material of someone predicting our offseason coaching hires and offseason acquisitions. 

Then we can close this thread.

Did you not have a person who is not high in the organization giving you information?  I might be wrong or misinterpreting your meaning.

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Did you not have a person who is not high in the organization giving you information?  I might be wrong or misinterpreting your meaning.

I can see where this question is coming from... I wouldnt bucket this into this category since this is a friend of mine just sharing his observations from an unofficial capacity. He isn't in the rooms or having conversations with decision makers. 

He is walking by and seeing stuff on boards and screens. 

Edited by TheCasillas

21 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I can see where this question is coming from... I wouldnt bucket this into this category since this is a friend of mine just sharing his observations from an unofficial capacity. He isn't in the rooms or having conversations with decision makers. 

I did not know the context, which is why I asked.  So you are referring to leaks that are coming from an official capacity--from people with first hand info.

However, I would say that if the tightness of information is that intentional, that everyone in the building would be silenced--but you are basically saying the info you get is second hand and based on interpretations of snapshots that may not be valid.  I would think if the Panthers found out that he was doing this, he might get into some hot water, based on the thread title.  I agree--things have been very quiet compared to prior regimes.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Whoa whoa whoa… what them boards sayin?!

12 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Did some thinking this morning and I am realizing that this is the most concealed that this office has ever been. Seems like every expert, analyst, or media source has been dead wrong when trying to forecast what our plan is. 

If you think about recent years under who shal not be named ... we knew everything and our moves were predictable. 

So here is my question to the huddle.... Why do you think this is? How have we become so good at keeping things internal?

My theory: Respect. I believe our FO/Staff has a lot of respect around the league and when they have conversations with other offices, they keep the door shut.

Let me know your thoughts.

It's not that concealed.  They spoke in plain site.  Fitterer told us that if they move up they better be all in one guy.