• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video Breaking down how Bryce Young can actually throw to the middle of the field

Ricky Spanish

14 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Imagine not wanting ur QB to be smart. 🤣🤣🤣 Poverty fan to the max this one. Bahahahaha 

I have nothing against Young. Just poking fun and showing the flaw in putting intelligence over everything else. A QB has to be smart and read a defense but I think both of the top 2 have shown they can do that. I’m also not 100% all in on one player like you are. Sounds like you are a Young fan more than a Panthers fan….

• Beer 1
  • Poo 2

CJ is taller and more solid.

CJ has the better arm.

Both are incredibly accurate.

Young has better pocket presence and awareness.

Young Has better improvisational skills.

Young is much better under pressure.

I think it comes down to do Young's innate abilities to sense and avoid pressure mean he will be able to avoid the big hits we are worried he would take?

Like I've said before, I go back and forth on these two daily. I wish Young were two inches taller, then this wouldn't even be a discussion. That's why I lean towards young in general.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

CJ has the better arm.

I think it comes down to do Young's innate abilities to sense and avoid pressure mean he will be able to avoid the big hits we are worried he would take?

Like I've said before, I go back and forth on these two daily. I wish Young were two inches taller, then this wouldn't even be a discussion. That's why I lean towards young in general.

CJ is taller and more solid

CJ has better arm

CJ has better mechanics

CJ has pin point accuracy

Both have good pocket awareness

Both are good under pressure 

Young has better improvisational skills

• Pie 1

CJ has the better arm.

I think if Young was even 6’ 200 (playing weight) I’d lean towards him and that’s still a smaller QB. Young thrives under pressure, but I think Stroud is better in the pocket. Stroud thrives in rhythm and timing. He gets the ball out quickly which I think might translate better in the NFL. I’m just concerned that Young’s style of play leads to more hits which paired with his shall frame makes him slightly more of a risk IMO.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

CJ is taller and more solid

CJ has better arm

CJ has better mechanics

CJ has pin point accuracy

Both have good pocket awareness

Both are good under pressure 

Young has better improvisational skills

Young has better pocket awareness. He feels pressure much better than Stroud. Because of that, he is Much better under pressure than Stroud, Stroud is not good under pressure:

What he needs to improve: We just talked about how good Stroud is when kept clean in the pocket (71.7% completion rate, 35 touchdowns, 93.4 PFF grade). Well, he is basically the polar opposite under pressure (41.3% completion rate, six touchdowns, 42.0 PFF grade).

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-profile-c-j-stroud-ohio-state

Stroud had one game where he played well under pressure, and even then he left some meat on the bone against Georgia.

I say this liking Stroud as a prospect because there is a ton to like - the mechanics you mentioned and his pinpoint accuracy are both amazing. He looks effortless throwing the ball. BUT I think Young is the better QB prospect with size taken out of the equation.

• Pie 4

15 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Young has better pocket awareness. He feels pressure much better than Stroud. Because of that, he is Much better under pressure than Stroud, Stroud is not good under pressure:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-profile-c-j-stroud-ohio-state

Stroud had one game where he played well under pressure, and even then he left some meat on the bone against Georgia.

I say this liking Stroud as a prospect because there is a ton to like - the mechanics you mentioned and his pinpoint accuracy are both amazing. He looks effortless throwing the ball. BUT I think Young is the better QB prospect with size taken out of the equation.

So what is it about the size that concerns you?

34 minutes ago, Losovoevosseniorcapspeciai said:

So what is it about the size that concerns you?

How Frail is he? Will he bend in half if Myles Garret Sacks him? I don't care about his height at all, it's his thiccness, or the lack-thereof that concerns me and most others. He won't ALWAYS be able to diagnose pressure and sometimes guys get beat. Will he be able to handle taking the big hits he took in college but at the pro level?

How Frail is he? Will he bend in half if Myles Garret Sacks him? I don't care about his height at all, it's his thiccness, or the lack-thereof that concerns me and most others. He won't ALWAYS be able to diagnose pressure and sometimes guys get beat. Will he be able to handle taking the big hits he took in college but at the pro level?

Yeah it’s a durability thing. People keep referencing Brees. Young is even a good bit smaller than him. The difference between Rodgers and Brees is the same as Brees and Young (about 2 inches and 15-20 pounds). Brees also got the ball out quick (played more like Stroud honestly) and took very little hits. It’s enough of a concern for me to rate Stroud about Young comfortably. Young is still a great prospect, but so is Stroud with less of a risk.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah it’s a durability thing. People keep referencing Brees. Young is even a good bit smaller than him. The difference between Rodgers and Brees is the same as Brees and Young (about 2 inches and 15-20 pounds). Brees also got the ball out quick (played more like Stroud honestly) and took very little hits. It’s enough of a concern for me to rate Stroud about Young comfortably. Young is still a great prospect, but so is Stroud with less of a risk.

As far as what’s in this man’s soul, the posted video gives some great insight into his personal toughness. 

As far as the data..

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/weight-and-injuries

…it’s a nonstarter.

statistics:  not just for losers anymore! 

• Pie 1