• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video Breaking down how Bryce Young can actually throw to the middle of the field

Ricky Spanish

2 minutes ago, Losovoevosseniorcapspeciai said:

As far as the data..

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/weight-and-injuries

…it’s a nonstarter.

statistics:  not just for losers anymore! 

You can post that link a hundred more times it won't make a difference in what will happen if a 300 pound defensive lineman lands on Bryce Young.

Just a heads up. You extreme Young guys are making it so even the regular folks in favor of him are looking at you like you're wacked out of your mind. Take a breather for a bit.

• Poo 1

9 hours ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Getting a QB that is the mirror image of Brees gives us a plus and that alone could possibly get our first road to the SB win. I know it is a bit far fetched but nonetheless hopefully it does come true for us.

Bryce Young is not Brees.  He is a smaller, more experienced Anthony Richardson.  That is going to go over like a lead balloon, but that is what I am seeing on film.  Its the hot take version, but I hope it makes people take a deeper look into what they think about the kid.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

You can post that link a hundred more times it won't make a difference in what will happen if a 300 pound defensive lineman lands on Bryce Young.

Just a heads up. You extreme Young guys are making it so even the regular folks in favor of him are looking at you like you're wacked out of your mind. Take a breather for a bit.

That’s specifically what the link is about. Meant to ease that specific concern. It’s just a helpful point for analysis. Perhaps some haven’t seen. No need to be hateful. We’re on the same team here. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Losovoevosseniorcapspeciai said:

That’s specifically what the link is about. Meant to ease that specific concern. It’s just a helpful point for analysis. Perhaps some haven’t seen. No need to be hateful. We’re on the same team here. 

That analysis is for an entire roster across all position groups it was never meant to be a tool for folks to justify drafting a 195 pound quarterback.

5 minutes ago, Losovoevosseniorcapspeciai said:

Ok so when the next guy is 5’8 160 he should be healthier. 5’6 140? 5’4 120 should be invincible! Listen that data is interesting, but Young already hurt his throwing shoulder last year and missed a game. So what does that mean?

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Ok so when the next guy is 5’8 160 he should be healthier. 5’6 140? 5’4 120 should be invincible! Listen that data is interesting, but Young already hurt his throwing shoulder last year and missed a game. So what does that mean?

Just another data point. That specific instance was him trying to make a play rather than take that sack right? He landed on his own shoulder? So theoretically - not trying to be funny (necessarily) - but thank god he didn’t weight very much lol

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

It is near impossible to project injury in the NFL from the draft room 

I get that, but you also don’t want your top pick to have the same build as Stuart from accounting (I’m an accountant so I can pick on that profession). These are the top athletes in the world, bigger and faster than ever. 5’10” 180ish has never happened long term as a NFL QB. Brees was an exception and he had 2 inches and 20 pounds on Young. Measurements exist for a reason and are reviewed by scouts and coaches. They were concerned about Pickett’s hand size last year. It’s such an issue that it’s a legit reason why Young isn’t considered as high of a producer as Luck, Lawrence, or even Burrow.

1 minute ago, Losovoevosseniorcapspeciai said:

Just another data point. That specific instance was him trying to make a play rather than take that sack right? He landed on his own shoulder? So theoretically - not trying to be funny (necessarily) - but thank god he didn’t weight very much lol

QBs land on their shoulders frequently. Having bigger shoulders with more muscle helps. It’s why RBs aren’t built like kickers. They are built to also absorb impact. You also bring up a good point. Running around extending plays is great, but it also leads to extra hits/wear and tear on that 180 pound frame. It’s just unchartered water when we are dealing with his height/weight. To me it’s an unnecessary risk at 1 when there is another great prospect sitting there in Stroud. If there was no Stroud in this draft then yeah I’d probably take that risk as AR and Levis have even more risks.

35 minutes ago, frankw said:

It’s not very good data because it needs to be by position AND Young would be an outlier because 5’10 180 hasn’t happened long term before. If you use it like the poster is trying to then if we play a 5’2” 130 pound QB he would never get hurt and we know that’s not the case. There are limits to most data.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s not very good data because it needs to be by position AND Young would be an outlier because 5’10 180 hasn’t happened long term before. If you use it like the poster is trying to then if we play a 5’2” 130 pound QB he would never get hurt and we know that’s not the case. There are limits to most data.

It is broken down by position. 

Really I just wanted to offer the explicit data without theoreticals. 

But at the risk of running off in the weeds…

You’re probably aware of Strouds explicitly poor numbers under pressure so I won’t post any extra stats (don’t wanna hurt poor frankys head).  I would only ask if you’d consider Stroud less of a risk when the inevitable extended play arises vs Bryce’s plus numbers under the same conditions. 

I look at it as proven concerns for stroud vs theoretica concerns for Bryce. 

For the record - I’m not in agreement with playing Bryce at running back. Totally a bad idea. Qb only. Come on frank! Don’t draftem for Rb!

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Losovoevosseniorcapspeciai said:

It is broken down by position. 

Really I just wanted to offer the explicit data without theoreticals. 

But at the risk of running off in the weeds…

You’re probably aware of Strouds explicitly poor numbers under pressure so I won’t post any extra stats (don’t wanna hurt poor frankys head).  I would only ask if you’d consider Stroud less of a risk when the inevitable extended play arises vs Bryce’s plus numbers under the same conditions. 

I look at it as proven concerns for stroud vs theoretica concerns for Bryce. 

For the record - I’m not in agreement with playing Bryce at running back. Totally a bad idea. Qb only. Come on frank! Don’t draftem for Rb!

Why can’t he play RB? Too small? According to your “data” he would be the healthiest RB yet. 
I saw Stroud struggle under pressure and I saw him handle it well also. Most QBs do play worse when there is pressure. That’s how NYG beat Brady twice (pressure up the middle). I will say it typically made him miss his marks or throw the ball away. He wasn’t turning it over or losing the game due to it. Young is much better under pressure. To me that’s a legit reason to draft Young over Stroud. If our staff thinks Young is the next Mahomes under pressure and it’s worth the frame concerns then I get it. I just think it’s two great prospects and both have weaknesses in which one (Young’s frame) can’t be corrected by our staff, so I lean Stroud. 
I just think it’s irresponsible to say Young’s size isn’t a concern and actually try to say it makes him LESS prone to injury. Reich has literally said it’s a concern. He named two exceptions (who are both bigger than Young), but said “of course” it’s a concern.

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Why can’t he play RB? Too small? According to your “data” he would be the healthiest RB yet. 
I saw Stroud struggle under pressure and I saw him handle it well also. Most QBs do play worse when there is pressure. That’s how NYG beat Brady twice (pressure up the middle). I will say it typically made him miss his marks or throw the ball away. He wasn’t turning it over or losing the game due to it. Young is much better under pressure. To me that’s a legit reason to draft Young over Stroud. If our staff thinks Young is the next Mahomes under pressure and it’s worth the frame concerns then I get it. I just think it’s two great prospects and both have weaknesses in which one (Young’s frame) can’t be corrected by our staff, so I lean Stroud. 
I just think it’s irresponsible to say Young’s size isn’t a concern and actually try to say it makes him LESS prone to injury. Reich has literally said it’s a concern. He named two exceptions (who are both bigger than Young), but said “of course” it’s a concern.

I will exit the theoretical. Let’s keep this in the framework of fact. The data says lighter quarterbacks are less prone to injury. That same link (which is broken down by position) does in fact show that heavier runningbacks are less injury prone. I know you were going for snark but just check it out. It’s all right there. While it is “data” it is also just simply data. Didn’t come here to disillusion or attack. Just statstics. None of it’s made up. Thought that make for something new to talk about. Would you not think it irresponsible to assume Young’s frame is a concern without looking at the data?