• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video Breaking down how Bryce Young can actually throw to the middle of the field

Ricky Spanish

Just now, Losovoevosseniorcapspeciai said:

I will exit the theoretical. Let’s keep this in the framework of fact. The data says lighter quarterbacks are less prone to injury. That same link (which is broken down by position) does in fact show that heavier runningbacks are less injury prone. I know you were going for snark but just check it out. It’s all right there. While it is “data” it is also just simply data. Didn’t come here to disillusion or attack. Just statstics. None of it’s made up. Thought that make for something new to talk about. Would you not think it irresponsible to assume Young’s frame is a concern without looking at the data?

I get where it’s coming from. Plus big QBs like Cam/Allen are more prone to attempt to run through tackles while Brees and smaller ones will simply give themselves up. That definitely goes into the equation and can lead to injuries. However when the QB in question is smaller than the “exceptions” to the standard and our HC has stated “of course” his frame is a concern then I’m going to boldly assume it’s a concern. The truth is if Young had a larger frame he would be in the Luck/Lawrence/Burrow category of QB and everyone would know he will be the top pick. 

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I get where it’s coming from. Plus big QBs like Cam/Allen are more prone to attempt to run through tackles while Brees and smaller ones will simply give themselves up. That definitely goes into the equation and can lead to injuries. However when the QB in question is smaller than the “exceptions” to the standard and our HC has stated “of course” his frame is a concern then I’m going to boldly assume it’s a concern. The truth is if Young had a larger frame he would be in the Luck/Lawrence/Burrow category of QB and everyone would know he will be the top pick. 

These are different issues altogether. Jump and the net will appear, fortune favors the bold, philosophical blah blah blah. If Young had a larger frame, a million things. We’d have no shot at him. Look for the truth, not the dogma. 

I offered evidence. It’s a big one. When I found it I was ecstatic. What a mind bender, a game changer, a world flipper. I saw it only as good news. One less concern. Backed by cold hard fact. The pushback to blatantly good news is a surprise for me. Shouldn’t be, possibly. This place is a cesspool, by its nature. Not on any individual. I was lured in by my excitement, as I’m sure most are. I will bow down and take my leave and go back to the occasional glances from afar. Adios amigos. May the draft gods show favor.  

7 minutes ago, Losovoevosseniorcapspeciai said:

These are different issues altogether. Jump and the net will appear, fortune favors the bold, philosophical blah blah blah. If Young had a larger frame, a million things. We’d have no shot at him. Look for the truth, not the dogma. 

I offered evidence. It’s a big one. When I found it I was ecstatic. What a mind bender, a game changer, a world flipper. I saw it only as good news. One less concern. Backed by cold hard fact. The pushback to blatantly good news is a surprise for me. Shouldn’t be, possibly. This place is a cesspool, by its nature. Not on any individual. I was lured in by my excitement, as I’m sure most are. I will bow down and take my leave and go back to the occasional glances from afar. Adios amigos. May the draft gods show favor.  

I guess to me the data doesn’t justify pushing the limits even further to what I would consider an outlier. This is simply a healthy debate that I’m sure people inside the Panthers organization are having (probably a lot more civilized and a lot more football IQ and analytics than I could ever have). You should keep posting though. The more opinions the better. Also don’t get me wrong, I will be happy if we take Young. I just prefer Stroud out of the two. Both are solid prospects.

Stroud is the obvious safe investment here. At worse imo he's going to be solid QB that you can build around.

Young is the risky pick that you could either hit jackpot with or lose all your money. He might end up being a lot better than Stroud but you're going to be risking everything hoping that tiny man isn't going to have a career cut short by injuries.  He's 190 ish lb man going to be getting crushed by 250 to 300+ lbs men multiple times a week, I don't like that. The o line won't perfectly protect him on every snap and he won't avoid all hits.

I'd be really suprised if the Panthers pick Young looking at how much Reich and McCown seem to like more prototypical QBs. 

Edited by Hoenheim

8 hours ago, Losovoevosseniorcapspeciai said:

You’re probably aware of Strouds explicitly poor numbers under pressure so I won’t post any extra stats (don’t wanna hurt poor frankys head).  I would only ask if you’d consider Stroud less of a risk when the inevitable extended play arises vs Bryce’s plus numbers under the same conditions.

They're both a risk. Drafting any QB first overall is. Nobody is telling you to quit posting altogether but there's also no need to pretend like you aren't completely enamored with him to the point you've lost all objectivity on the matter. Good talk 🤙

7 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Cam was the best physical specimen I’ve seen at the position and I’d rather another Drew Brees over another Cam 

Please Stop Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Why do people keep making this comp and saying this like Cam Newton is unable to move around on his own power or something? In 2021 he was still rushing as good or better as any young QB and that's after years of designed runs. His frame held up after years of abuse. The throwing shoulder was destroyed in the pocket.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Please Stop Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Why do people keep making this comp and saying this like Cam Newton is unable to move around on his own power or something? In 2021 he was still rushing as good or better as any young QB and that's after years of designed runs. His frame held up after years of abuse. The throwing shoulder was destroyed in the pocket.

Don’t matter how it got destroyed the whole point is bigger QBs apparently are more durable and Cam has proven this untrue 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, frankw said:

Serious question. Are you going to be okay if Young isn't the pick?

I’ll be fine with CJ. He is deadly accurate & throws the prettiest ball I’ve seen in a long time. I’m concerned abt his play under pressure & play making ability (although he did exceptionally well vs GA which was a 1 time affair) I’ll definitely get behind him if he is the pick, because I’m a panthers fan.

but I believe Bryce is better & will have a great career, so I rather have him.

So until draft night, I’ll continue to talk abt how Bryce should & will be the pick. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

10 hours ago, frankw said:

You can post that link a hundred more times it won't make a difference in what will happen if a 300 pound defensive lineman lands on Bryce Young.

Just a heads up. You extreme Young guys are making it so even the regular folks in favor of him are looking at you like you're wacked out of your mind. Take a breather for a bit.

You’re everywhere trying to tell people who view Young as a good option that they’re going overboard. 

You liking other options better doesn’t make Young a bad one. How about taking a breather yourself from visiting every Young thread just to tell ppl to stop talking about him? At least, please don’t pretend like Young has never been tackled by a 300lb defender after 3 years in the SEC  

My stance is I’ll be happy with Young or Stroud, but I view Young as the more talented of the two. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I keep going back and forth between Young and Stroud, but Young certainly seems to have the "it" factor moreso than Stroud.

He does. It’s like Young has the higher ceiling, but lower floor. Both are great prospects which is why this debate will continue until draft day. I’m just glad we are more than likely getting one of the two.

9 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Cam was the best physical specimen I’ve seen at the position and I’d rather another Drew Brees over another Cam 

If Drew Brees or Tom Brady or Dan got dam Fouts had Cam's situation here most of his career, they wouldn't have lasted either. 

The situation they're drafted into plays a big role in how successful a player will be. And that's any position.

The good thing is who ever they draft, this staff has enough common sense to protect him and provide him weapons - early enough that he'll be developed to his full potential. Developing their #1 overall QB will be a priority, not an after thought. Not an "oh by the way" we don't have a starting caliber Tackle on the team. Or "oh by the way" we don't have any wide outs that could start on any other team in the NFL.