• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wr #1 is in the Lab..

Sub Zero

17 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think there is any WR worth trading significant resources to obtain in this draft, IMO.

Addison & S-N are the ones for me. Zay as well if he’s there around 27-28. I would be aggressive but not get too far in the weeds with 24 and 25 capital.

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think you just let that all come to you in the second.

I highly highly doubt S-N, Zay, Addison, or Johnston make it past NYG/DAL in the first.  First 4 are gone minimum in the first, especially given other team needs.  Question is do Hyatt or Downs present themselves.  I'm a big Downs fan so would be fine with him at 39.  

20 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I highly highly doubt S-N, Zay, Addison, or Johnston make it past NYG/DAL in the first.  First 4 are gone minimum in the first, especially given other team needs.  Question is do Hyatt or Downs present themselves.  I'm a big Downs fan so would be fine with him at 39.  

I don't think any of those guys are worth a 3rd round pick or more to move up. I don't think there is ample reason to be impatient. We aren't in a Super Bowl window next season. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think any of those guys are worth a 3rd round pick or more to move up. I don't think there is ample reason to be impatient. We aren't in a Super Bowl window next season. 

For me, it's if you think one is a franchise guy worth having another contract w/a 5th year option. If someone in your top tier becomes within a range of manageable capital in a trade, I'd take a gander. That being said, I'm more in favor of staying put or a slight trade down to the 40s.  

I think Zay & S-N are worthy.  They just seem that good.  I've been a big Addison fan since he made Pickett look good, but his year in USC was a bit underwhelming.  Less sold on Johnston. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

For me, it's if you think one is a franchise guy worth having another contract w/a 5th year option. If someone in your top tier becomes within a range of manageable capital in a trade, I'd take a gander. That being said, I'm more in favor of staying put or a slight trade down to the 40s.  

I think Zay & S-N are worthy.  They just seem that good.  I've been a big Addison fan since he made Pickett look good, but his year in USC was a bit underwhelming.  Less sold on Johnston. 

Yeah, none of these guys hit my marks for someone that I would trade up to obtain. So, I agree that if the FO feels the way you do about it, do what needs to be done if the price is fair. 

I would just rather have more draft capital in general.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, none of these guys hit my marks for someone that I would trade up to obtain. So, I agree that if the FO feels the way you do about it, do what needs to be done if the price is fair. 

I would just rather have more draft capital in general.

Fair.  I made a thread about potential targets at 39, and something I realized in mapping it out is we may end up favoring one of these EDGE or CBs over guys like Downs, Hyatt, & Musgrave.  

If for example BJ Ojulari, Tyrique Stevenson, Felix, or the Northwestern kid are there, I could see them above the WRs on our board.

But if that's the case, do we really sit and wait until 93?  Trade down to gain another pick in the top-100 could be a viable strategy.  Especially if we want to pick up a few receivers with starting upside like Scott, Tillman, Mingo, Reed, Wilson, or Jarrett.  

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

I like Downs, but I don’t think I’d use the 39th pick on him. 

For as agile and shifty as he seems to be, he rarely eludes the first tackler and goes down pretty easy. Now getting separation in routes is a strength and I trust his hands, but I need a little more elusiveness to spend an early 2nd on a small slot receiver. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Fair.  I made a thread about potential targets at 39, and something I realized in mapping it out is we may end up favoring one of these EDGE or CBs over guys like Downs, Hyatt, & Musgrave.  

If for example BJ Ojulari, Tyrique Stevenson, Felix, or the Northwestern kid are there, I could see them above the WRs on our board.

But if that's the case, do we really sit and wait until 93?  Trade down to gain another pick in the top-100 could be a viable strategy.  Especially if we want to pick up a few receivers with starting upside like Scott, Tillman, Mingo, Reed, Wilson, or Jarrett.  

Still some time left to make FA moves too. I don't think we are that close to being a final pre-draft roster.