• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Myles Jack

Cam's New Arm

The Steelers saved $8m in cutting LB Myles Jack a few days ago. He is basically a vet JAG now, best used in the run game. He'd be a solid rotation piece for goal line situations and 1st down. Would you kick the tires on him for $4m? What would you pay for him?
Is there a better prospect you want for the same / cheaper number?

We need guys like him for a 3-4 on run expected plays.
 What say you?

edit: sorry if this topic has been made already.

Edited by Cam's New Arm
  • Pie 2

Another LB would be cool but Im thinking we need to key in on 2 glaring spots that are paper thin...

CB and WR. 

With healthy corners we would have won the division imo. And as much as I LOVE Jaycee, he's not even a half season guarantee. Jackson isnt either. I dont repeat that next year. We shouldn't ever wanna see Taylor & Henderson starting in tandem again unless some serious strides are made. We could probably get by with one but if both our starters go down it's a wrap. 

We need that receiver on the books or 2 possibly. 

I'd take Jack on this roster though, I think the above is more pressing but he'd be an improvement to whoever he replaced here. But if we signed him I got a feeling it would probably be on one of the more rare 1 year contracts we've given. And Idunno what our cap looks like in realtime but I'm assuming the 2023 slot is almost maxed out. 

• Pie 2

20 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Another LB would be cool but Im thinking we need to key in on 2 glaring spots that are paper thin...

CB and WR. 

With healthy corners we would have won the division imo. And as much as I LOVE Jaycee, he's not even a half season guarantee. Jackson isnt either. I dont repeat that next year. We shouldn't ever wanna see Taylor & Henderson starting in tandem again unless some serious strides are made. We could probably get by with one but if both our starters go down it's a wrap. 

We need that receiver on the books or 2 possibly. 

I'd take Jack on this roster though, I think the above is more pressing but he'd be an improvement to whoever he replaced here. But if we signed him I got a feeling it would probably be on one of the more rare 1 year contracts we've given. And Idunno what our cap looks like in realtime but I'm assuming the 2023 slot is almost maxed out. 

LB and QB are the 2 thinnest spots on the team.  QB we get with pick #1.  Who is our other LB in the middle in a 3-4.  Chinn? Maybe at 230 lbs at most? Shaq can never get hurt again and then pray a lot.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, bababoey said:

LB and QB are the 2 thinnest spots on the team.  QB we get with pick #1.  Who is our other LB in the middle in a 3-4.  Chinn? Maybe at 230 lbs at most? Shaq can never get hurt again and then pray a lot.

At ILB we have more flexibility than CB. I'm not looking for pro bowler(although I'd take it), just atleast 1 "quality"/average backup. 

Right now the two ilb's are probably Shaq and Luvu(he has experience). Backed up by Brandon Smith and Mosby..It's not the all pro team but I'd still be more comfortable with a Brandon Smith starting before Henderson and/or Taylor (based off last season). 

Just watch the Steelers and last Bucs game for reference. 

Hell its debatable which position is thinnest on almost every level of our 3-4, except S and OLB. DE might be thinner than ilb imo.....and noone knows where Yetur may end up. 

BUT if I had to address both, I'd actually be looking for an inside linebacker in FA and I'd use a late rounder on corner. Cb is alot deeper than MLB in this draft iirc. 

QB we have #1 pick for. Dalton and Eason on the clipboards. 

• Pie 1