• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rangers games. Tuesday and Thursday 7pm

Panthers Fan 69

I plan to just savor that amazing come back win today lol. Canes never give up so that’s always a big plus.

Hope Canes get in a good practice with whatever lineups they plan to use for the Rangers during this two day gap. I was looking over the team goals and points for each player -  we’re really down without Svech (and potentially Paci), so we need breakout scoring from some of the guys who’ve been quiet lately. 

I really think Rangers are our biggest test of where Canes stand and if we get one of two from them I’ll be happy. 

Need some positive momentum for the Devils game…

Raanta please come back we need you!

• Pie 3

Canes have not been able to beat the Rangers with any consistency in years. And it continues this season, so my expectations are next to nothing. If they win one or even get an OT point for one of the 2 games, I'll be okay.

That being said, at some point the Canes will have to face them in the playoffs, and this is where the season ends.

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Canes have not been able to beat the Rangers with any consistency in years. And it continues this season, so my expectations are next to nothing. If they win one or even get an OT point for one of the 2 games, I'll be okay.

That being said, at some point the Canes will have to face them in the playoffs, and this is where the season ends.

We went to 7 games with them in the playoffs and kicked their ass in the regular season last year. 

we swept them in the playoffs in the 2020 bubble. 

I’ll be honestly happy for min of 2 points. I think we can get 3. A win and an OT loss. 

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

We went to 7 games with them in the playoffs and kicked their ass in the regular season last year. 

we swept them in the playoffs in the 2020 bubble. 

I’ll be honestly happy for min of 2 points. I think we can get 3. A win and an OT loss. 

The operative word here was "consistency."

The Canes never played them during the COVID season until the playoffs. That season was a wash regardless and shouldn't count for anything beyond player stats.

The prior season (2019-20) the Canes went 0-4, and in 2018-19 they went 2-2. Regardless of their 3 wins in 4 meetings last season, the fact is they lost in the playoffs... at home. And, in the playoffs, I don't see Carolina winning 4 of 7. They had a better shot of winning 4 of 7 last year than this. While the Canes are losing guys to injury, the Rangers improved their roster.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Beer 1

Rangers Lines

Forwards

Panarin - Zibanejad - Tarasenko

Kreider - Trocheck - Kane

Lafreniere - Chytil - Kakko

Vesey - Goodrow - Motte

Defense

Lindgren - Fox

Miller - Trouba

Mikkola - Schneider

Goalie

Shesterkin

Not having last change is going to make this difficult.

In a perfect world, I feel like you want Staal against the Tarasenko line, Kotkaniemi against the Kane line, Aho against the Kakko line, and Drury against the Motte line.

The reasoning is that Teravainen, Staal, and Puljujarvi should be able to neutralize the attack of the Tarasenko line; Jarvis, Kotkaniemi, and Fast should be able to wear down the older Kane line; and Aho’s line would get their best matchup against the Rangers kid line; the fourth line is a wash.

We’ll see what happens.

• Pie 1