• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Cam Newton submitted his retirement papers yet?

CamWhoaaCam

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This thread is getting off topic.

The reason I made this thread because I was curious is Cam still planning to play again?

I thought he would be done after not playing at all last year. I haven't seen any teams showing interest in him either. That's why I thought he was done playing football.

He can still run the ball if he wants to further damage his body.  I dont think any team will take him serious as a passer, and i dont see any teams that will switch QBs in the redzone or short yardage on a consistent basis. 

He just needs to retire a Panther even though this franchise did him 15 different kinds of wrong. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

This thread is getting off topic.

The reason I made this thread because I was curious is Cam still planning to play again?

I thought he would be done after not playing at all last year. I haven't seen any teams showing interest in him either. That's why I thought he was done playing football.

Short answer is no, I think.  The paperwork probably hasn't been filled out because it is not a high priority for him.  Sort of like me filing our taxes.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

He can still run the ball if he wants to further damage his body.  I dont think any team will take him serious as a passer, and i dont see any teams that will switch QBs in the redzone or short yardage on a consistent basis. 

He just needs to retire a Panther even though this franchise did him 15 different kinds of wrong. 

Agreed.

Im ready to celebrate this dude as a Panthers legend.

Sign those papers Cam!  You made most of us proud with your playstyle. We almost got a championship out of it. Forever a Carolina legend.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Agreed.

Im ready to celebrate this dude as a Panthers legend.

Sign those papers Cam!  You made most of us proud with your playstyle. We almost got a championship out of it. Forever a Carolina legend.

He is already a Panther legend in my book. He also has a net worth of 75m, I dont think he has anything left to prove. Go enjoy his life and spend time with his kids. 

It would be cool to see him hang around the team sometimes like Luke does. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1

14 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I would assume his playing days are over he sat out all last year. No way a team will give him another shot after almost 2 years off from playing football. It's been quiet from his end he never really came out and said he's done with football.

Why is Cam taking so long to submit his retirement paperwork?

Why would Cam Newton waste his time submitting retirement paperwork on something that is so obvious?

29 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Why would Cam Newton waste his time submitting retirement paperwork on something that is so obvious?

Starts your HOF eligibility clock.  I’m sure Cam thinks a unique QB has a shot 

3 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

I didn't know there was any retirement papers, I thought players just came and went has they pleased, just like we could tell Smitty to start getting in game shape 

the nfl stopped using retirement papers.

any retirement announcement, letter, or papers is more for publicity than it is anything official. players literally can come and go as they please.

• Beer 1