• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Cam Newton submitted his retirement papers yet?

CamWhoaaCam

I would assume his playing days are over he sat out all last year. No way a team will give him another shot after almost 2 years off from playing football. It's been quiet from his end he never really came out and said he's done with football.

Why is Cam taking so long to submit his retirement paperwork?

• Pie 2
  • Poo 6

I think he's functionally retired but for whatever reason he hasn't officially retired.

He might be thinking of it as he's on a hiatus or hasn't made up his mind whether or not he'd want to attempt a return.

He'd be 34 going into next season,  generally that's not super old for a QB especially not if you're a backup. But I think that's the main reason why you haven't seen him in the NFL lately, he doesn't want to be a backup and most teams think he'd be too much of a distraction as a backup. 

Edited by Hoenheim

1 hour ago, FugginPoo said:

Panthers cut his career short and cost him a ton of $ likely because they never invested in protecting him.

Thank you Dave Dumbass Gettleman for the WNBA players instead of o-linemen. Thank you Mike Shula for using Cam like a battering ram RB because you are braindead and sticking to a gameplan that obviously didn't work in SB50. Thank you Marty Hurney for not knowing how to draft outside of the 1st round and overpaying runningbacks. And thank you Ron Rivera for not sitting him out when the season was already lost in 2016.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2