• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Cam Newton submitted his retirement papers yet?

CamWhoaaCam

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

While this is a popular opinion, Cam could have walked into the owners office, and said he wants to be more than a battling ram. Am sure Richardson would have listened,  as that is the kind of owner he was.  Cam could have forced the changes necessary,  to evolve his game, and he never chose to do it. Not once. 

How in the hell do you think you know what kind of conversations they were having? You guys are ridiculous 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

Cam has said he has no problem being a back but he reminds me of an uncle Rico type who prolly thinks he’s worth at least 15-20 mil a season as a back up and actually should be starting.

He still has a chip from taking on minimum money after being let go from the panthers thinking he had a market…as his dad says ‘Dollar Bill’ only to find out he wasn’t good enough to even create a market

and won’t let it go, much like his stans

probably a couple more years of that and these threads before it’s official

Edited by onmyown

12 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Franchise QBs absolutely get a say in what kind of offense they run.  

The jets aren't going to bring in Aaron Rodgers, and force him to play in an all new system,  if they do, they are doomed to fail. 

That's why you have OC's and HC's...

You also said he went to the owner to complain about changing the offense. You sound crazy. But at least you died on this hill.

11 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You also said he went to the owner to complain about changing the offense. You sound crazy. But at least you died on this hill.

Dude, I don't give a fug what you think. I've seen more than enough football to know, that veteran franchise  quarterbacks get a say in what they play. The history of the NFL is littered with examples.  

7 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Dude, I don't give a fug what you think. I've seen more than enough football to know, that veteran franchise  quarterbacks get a say in what they play. The history of the NFL is littered with examples.  

So you blaming Cam for not going to the owner and requesting a change in style of play?

Cam had to run we didn't have WR's he could throw to. To change the offense he would have had to had a change in roster. That doesn't just happen with a conversation. That seems like a coaching staff problem.

21 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So you blaming Cam for not going to the owner and requesting a change in style of play?

Cam had to run we didn't have WR's he could throw to. To change the offense he would have had to had a change in roster. That doesn't just happen with a conversation. That seems like a coaching staff problem.

This is exactly what it was. When you have a fuging OC that you have to teach the 2min/hurry up offense to that says a lot. 

Our entire coaching staff was full of morons yet people still around here licking Rons sack and poo. Cam and Luke made Ron, he is garbage as HC but you guys love to slob him down while bashing Cam. gtfoh, 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1

51 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Other teams had real HC/OC to develop their franchise QBs we had MoRon and Shula. 

IT is mighty funny Cam had over 4k passing yards as a rookie under a middling OC in Chudzinski and never topped 4k again because we decided to give him Shula instead of finding a real OC. I guess he just forgot how to pass the ball, it totally wasnt the coaches fault. 

Edited by PootieNunu

30 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It was a coaching staff and GM problem.

Truth is, if Cam wanted to change the offensive style/philosophy and his own role, the onus was on him to push it......because nobody else was going to do it.  Especially those paid to do it. 

Rivera was perfectly happy letting Cam shoulder the lion's share of the burden.  It was a little surprising Rivera didn't raise more of a stink about some OL brawn, since the theme was to line our 11 up against their 11 and hope we win enough battles enough times to win the game.  Rivera's main fault was not getting Cam the hell out of there when it was obvious he was hurt.  Actually acquiring the surrounding pieces was not his job.  But I doubt if he ever went into Hurney's office and impressed the need for WRs, or apparently OL either.

That leads us to the other end of that problem.  A good Hurney draft was getting two decent-good players by the time the dust settled, and not necessarily in the most needed positions.  His average was probably just a fraction either side of one.  Changing an offensive scheme, or even a defensive one for that matter, would have involved putting the meat balls down long enough to try and find enough players to pull it off.  Let's see, meat balls or digging deep into WR and OL talent?  Easy decision for him.

So, the result was doing the same things and mumbling "it gives us the best chance to win."  And they were correct in that, because they were unable to figure out how to do anything else, or even identify the need to do something else.  There was no three year plan, or one year plan, or even a plan for this week's opponent that was different from the one for last week's opponent. 

It was the path of least resistance, which was especially important to Hurney.

Edited by Sgt Schultz

5 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Other teams had real HC/OC to develop their franchise QBs we had MoRon and Shula. 

IT is mighty funny Cam had over 4k passing yards as a rookie under a middling OC in Chudzinski and never topped 4k again because we decided to give him Shula instead of finding a real OC. I guess he just forgot how to pass the ball, it totally wasnt the coaches fault. 

His rookie season was also his last time having a #1 WR.

We failed Cam not the other way around. The man put his body on the line to help this team win. I will never have anything bad to say about Cam. He's not everybody cup of tea though.

• Pie 1

This thread is getting off topic.

The reason I made this thread because I was curious is Cam still planning to play again?

I thought he would be done after not playing at all last year. I haven't seen any teams showing interest in him either. That's why I thought he was done playing football.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

It was a coaching staff and GM problem.

Truth is, if Cam wanted to change the offensive style/philosophy and his own role, the onus was on him to push it......because nobody else was going to do it.  Especially those paid to do it. 

Rivera was perfectly happy letting Cam shoulder the lion's share of the burden.  It was a little surprising Rivera didn't raise more of a stink about some OL brawn, since the theme was to line our 11 up against their 11 and hope we win enough battles enough times to win the game.  Rivera's main fault was not getting Cam the hell out of there when it was obvious he was hurt.  Actually acquiring the surrounding pieces was not his job.  But I doubt if he ever went into Hurney's office and impressed the need for WRs, or apparently OL either.

That leads us to the other end of that problem.  A good Hurney draft was getting two decent-good players by the time the dust settled, and not necessarily in the most needed positions.  His average was probably just a fraction either side of one.  Changing an offensive scheme, or even a defensive one for that matter, would have involved putting the meat balls down long enough to try and find enough players to pull it off.  Let's see, meat balls or digging deep into WR and OL talent?  Easy decision for him.

So, the result was doing the same things and mumbling "it gives us the best chance to win."  And they were correct in that, because they were unable to figure out how to do anything else, or even identify the need to do something else.  There was no three year plan, or one year plan, or even a plan for this week's opponent that was different from the one for last week's opponent. 

It was the path of least resistance, which was especially important to Hurney.

A Basic Hurney draft was grab a RB/LB in the first with very little chance of busting and blow the rest of the picks on local kids, sometimes even trading up for these locals. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1