• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Adam Thielen

Panthercougar68

3 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Dude is a 3rd WR at this point in his career. I still want them to double down on rookie WRs

I agree. But I’d be ok with him being a 2 if we can get a true #1.

WR is just one of those positions people will have to accept overpaying this year either money or in years because of how it is. But I’d rather do that than ruin our #1 overall development. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Panthering said:

Agreed. Not expecting much from Thielen surprised we gave him 3 years. Hopefully he can make some good red zone snags or something but we still need to draft a WR. 

If he stays healthy he's the most reliable pass catching option on the team by a mile and that's beyond meaningful 

The 3 year deal sounds like cap manipulation to me, not a chance they are expecting 3 years out of him.  The final year or two is probably either voidable or won’t have any effect on the cap if he’s cut.  We haven’t seen the numbers yet but this front office is smart enough to structure it that way to save cap space for this year.  

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1