• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Adam Thielen

Panthercougar68

10 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Cam is probably the best Panther of all time. He’s easily in the top 3. But it’s time to let it go. We are drafting our new “Cam” this year. Can we just retire the “resign Cam” posts and comments now? 

Draft Cam and sign BPA?

46 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I'm kind of surprised at the overjoyed reaction to this signing, but hey more power to you. I'm worried about finding a #1 WR, and the mother of all decisions coming up in the draft. 

You cant always find everything you want in one offseason.   He brings a reliable target who is a proven experienced player to an inexperienced position group.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

With the players we have now?

Yeah when you factor in how poor our division is, absolutely I think that’s achievable. We nearly won this division last year with a combination of three starting QBs, all of which are worse than what we will have this season, a clown show coaching staff and we have improved our team significantly across the board. We have a better secondary already it’s the addition of Bell, a 3-4 which puts Burns in his best position, a healthy Horn. We have an improved RB running behind a great line, Hurst and Thielen and rumors of Chark potentially on his way. 

We will have a massively improved coaching staff, an improved offense, improved defense and the team that beat us for the division title last season is now in rebuild mode.

At this point the Falcons are our biggest competition on paper followed by the Saints. The Falcons are the only ones who seem to have improved without significantly from last season and I think there’s a very real chance we are ahead of them.

So yeah. I’m not saying we are SB contenders, but this division is not good. And we are on the best current trajectory. I think we take it down next season at this rate. 

• Pie 2

I'm gonna assume the extra years are some kinda team friendly thing to spread out the cap hit. If ODB is getting offered $4M a year it can't be too crazy. Teams went WR crazy the last couple years and seem to be going a little more conservative with the paydays. Draft picks are good enough to start day 1 now so the vets gotta adjust to that reality