• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers still have $23.5M in cap space

12 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I thought a Burns extension would be one of the first orders of business this offseason considering how much cap space it frees up.  That and Shaq's reworked deal. 

It might be first order of business but that business is a long process 

15 hours ago, Basbear said:

Not to disagree, but my thought is he may retire at seasons end, dont know how thats changes the dead money and such. just my guess. 

He can either retire at year's end or if things go well in the new system he can play next year on a cheap deal. It was structured so if we cut him in 2024 the dead cap hit and his cap hit are within 400,000 of each other around 6 million and change. So it depends on how productive he is in a 3-4.

Here’s how all the 2023 cap hits for each of the team’s free-agent signings break down:

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:

Here’s how all the 2023 cap hits for each of the team’s free-agent signings break down:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/21/panthers-free-agency-salary-cap-space-deshawn-williams-signing/