• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers still have $23.5M in cap space

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

magic.gif

(I'm no good with the salary cap stuff either)

Lol, it’s really simple TBH. Remember when everyone was crowing about our huge 2024 cap space? It was at one point over $100M available. It’s now at $40M according to Sportrac and we don’t even have a full team there like Burns isn’t under contract yet.

It’s kick the can and it’s not hard to do but it does mean that we really don’t have gobs of space available like some people thought. We’ll just keep having to restructure yearly. That’s good in that it’s easy to do and bad because it’s not like we are signing tier 1 FAs. It all still boils down to rookie QB and the rest of the draft. We have to start pulling multiple winners so we have Chase and Higgins instead of Thielen and Chark. Pulling a Kelce or Kittle or Andrews at 39 would be a great example of what would change our ceiling.

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Lol, it’s really simple TBH. Remember when everyone was crowing about our huge 2024 cap space? It was at one point over $100M available. It’s now at $40M according to Sportrac and we don’t even have a full team there like Burns isn’t under contract yet.

It’s kick the can and it’s not hard to do but it does mean that we really don’t have gobs of space available like some people thought. We’ll just keep having to restructure yearly. That’s good in that it’s easy to do and bad because it’s not like we are signing tier 1 FAs. It all still boils down to rookie QB and the rest of the draft. We have to start pulling multiple winners so we have Chase and Higgins instead of Thielen and Chark. Pulling a Kelce or Kittle or Andrews at 39 would be a great example of what would change our ceiling.

Well if I'm being honest, part of it is lack of interest 😄

I don't doubt that I could probably figure out the details of the cap and all if I applied myself, but I'm not that into it. And there are guys on here who already understand it pretty well so I can always just listen to them.

I can spend plenty of time analyzing coaches, players, strategies, etc. but I'll leave the economics to others 🙂

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well if I'm being honest, part of it is lack of interest 😄

I don't doubt that I could probably figure out the details of the cap and all if I applied myself, but I'm not that into it. And there are guys on here who already understand it pretty well so I can always just listen to them.

I can spend plenty of time analyzing coaches, players, strategies, etc. but I'll leave the economics to others 🙂

Just an FYI, the LOL was directed to the SNL image, not at your horrific level of knowledge on cap analysis. 😉

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Still banging the drum for a tight end I see.  Just for arguments sake who do you see as a Kelce or Little level player. Mayer?  His best case scenario is Jason Witten. The big kid from Bama? He could end up just like OJ Howard. He can block but his receiving skill is underdeveloped. Kincaid? He is Gesicki all over again and a liability at blocking. If there is a Kittle or Kelce they going in the 1st.  It's a crowded market of teams needing a tight end and not enough high tier guys to go around. Corner,Edge and ILB are three positions we need more than a TE to push Ian and Tremble out.