• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Simms top QB prospects

NAS

24 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Unless he's a first rounder, he'll be 30 by his second deal.  That's not old in QB years.

No, unless he plays like Cam or L. Jackson--and he does not.  In fact, the team gets the mature player on a rookie deal, which could be an advantage. 

• Beer 2

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My concern with Hooker's age is that he had a big advantage in terms of football experience and mental maturity in college and prior to having those advantages he looked like a JAG.

Maybe he's Burrow-lite. More likely he's Brandon Weeden.

I dunno man, Hooker has looked good every year he's started except the Covid year.  He also doesn't get enough credit for running the ball.  He averaged 10 rushes a game.  He isn't a spectacular runner, but the threat is there.

I'm glad we're at #1 and don't have to worry about it, but at 9 . . . or better yet in the 20-30 range, I'd like him a lot.

2 hours ago, NAS said:

Agree with this

1- C.J. Stroud

Blown away by the film. Makes tons of powerful, pinpoint, game-changing throws. Over and over it’s 15-30 yard throws on the money. Decision-making is not only awesome, but aggressive too.
More movement and improv than he gets credit for.

2- Bryce Young

He’s a natural at the position. Brain is on another level in terms of decision-making. And he’s super slick – tons of wow releases. Really knows how to move within the pocket too.
Arm is good, but not on the level as Stroud.

image.thumb.jpeg.103a5c2cfa4cd9a86014bd9adb7d876e.jpeg

I know he also had Corral as #1 in what was a historically weak class last year so the jury is still out. But he had a pretty good track record, also had Josh Allen as the top prospect in the 2018 draft 

he also had Zach Wilson over Trevor Lawrence. bahahaha

2 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

same thing will be said of CJ over Young in few years...

Maybe, but that isn’t obvious now. Wilson was clearly inferior to Lawrence back then. Wasn’t even close.

Simms got caught up in the shiny new player and all the delusional projection you can do with a guy without a lot of film on him.

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

Maybe, but that isn’t obvious now. Wilson was clearly inferior to Lawrence back then. Wasn’t even close.

Simms got caught up in the shiny new player and all the delusional projection you can do with a guy without a lot of film on him.

It's very obvious to most analyst...Most analyst will tell you if Bryce is 6'2 & 220 pounds, he is generational.

CJ is 6'3 & 215 and generational has never been used in the same sentence. Don't get me wrong, he was very good in college but not 1 person has ever used generational to describe his game.

To me, regardless of size, if someone has traits you call generational, it's pretty obvious. 

5 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

It's very obvious to most analyst...Most analyst will tell you if Bryce is 6'2 & 220 pounds, he is generational.

CJ is 6'3 & 215 and generational has never been used in the same sentence. Don't get me wrong, he was very good in college but not 1 person has ever used generational to describe his game.

To me, regardless of size, if someone has traits you call generational, it's pretty obvious. 

Just curious, are you a Bama fan?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Just curious, are you a Bama fan?

Nope. I don't usually watch college. Didn't even watch GA vs Bama for the championship 2 yrs ago. But I knew/hoped we were drafting a QB this season so I have watched all of the top guys every week, then rewatched their Film. Hell, I even watched the Miami QB ppl thought could be a 1st round this year before he played really poorly. 

after all of that, I came to the conclusion that it is not really close & Young is the clear star of this group.

CJ is close behind. I like that he is a fighter. Saw how he was a 3 stars recruit out of high school in california and fought to get Ohio. These are good qualities which I think would serve well in his career. But I think Bryce is that much special of a player... 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 2

2 hours ago, The Huddler said:

ive fallen in love with Youngs ability to keep the play alive and pull poo out his ass

hes also clutch and makes plays in big moments

I don't think anyone doubts his playmaking abilities. It is just when he get destroyed by a DE coming in on the blind side and blows him up.  How many of those hits is he going to be able to withstand.

If It were my choice, I am going to go with the QB that has a better chance of hanging around for more than a couple of seasons. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, The Huddler said:

ive fallen in love with Youngs ability to keep the play alive and pull poo out his ass

hes also clutch and makes plays in big moments

Half the time he didn't have to keep plays alive if he'd thrown the ball on time. That's why Stroud's improv is doubted. He made throws on time rather than missing guys and scrambling around like Young. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Some of those watching the combine said it was the best ball placement they had ever seen in the passing drills (CJ). Others watching his tape say that he is the best pure passer in the last several years. Sounds pretty special to me. I have also read that no QB the size of Young has ever started in the NFL in the modern era. His frame is a concern. 

Look, Young was obviously special in college. None of us know how that will translate. There are concerns by some that he may not have the arm strength to get the ball where it needs to go when he is thrown off his rhythm in a crowded pocket. I have heard that by a few. We will see. I would be excited if we draft him, but concerned about the ability to keep him on the field. 

• Pie 2