• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Thielen interview with Pat MaCafee...

2 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Regardless of whether or not some think Fitts has done well with roster moves as a GM, it's definitely safe to say the environment in the organization has changed. It's beginning to feel like home again. 

Keep Pounding. 

Imagine Fitts working his magic trying to persuade AT and here comes Rhule but you’re gonna have to compete with LS for playing time lol man we’ve come a long way fellas.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

It's happening right now and I'll try to get the vid here soon but apparently Cowboys and Broncos were in the Mix but ultimately the Panthers made him feel at home and he said that: One, he felt that a championship would be a major reason he signed and that carolina feels like that type of team, and 2 the Full swing golf machine near his locker. 

Basically Carolina made him feel like he was wanted. 

Full interview. Apparently I can't edit my own thread? Mods, if you could please post this in first post. TY.

15 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Also, even just listening to Thielen, it is clear, the culture shift has already taken place.  When was the last time we were linked to the top player at a position in the market, who was viewed as a "contender only" signee, and we actually landed them?  And not just a guy on his last leg hoping to ride an already constructed team to a Superbowl...  this is different.  Thielen is going to be a big time contributor on this team.  And the fact he said, "I wasn't planning on going to Carolina," but he did, says all you need to know about the staff that's in the building.  Players league-wide will now know, this is a place you want to be a part of.  Missed opportunities of years past, like signing Charles Woodson, will be no longer.  These guys will want to sign here because they believe in what has been and what is currently being built.  This is gonna be fun...

I called it earlier in the offseason once the staff started coming together, but we will win a Superbowl under Frank Reich.  Period.  And I anticipate it will be sooner rather than later.

The culture shift looking back on it was apparent as soon as Rhule got the ax and we dumped chosen Anderson. The team suddenly started playing like a somewhat competent franchise for the first time in 3 years. Now we have a far better staff and good proven players want to come here. Getting rid of Rhule and his bs clearly lifted a burden on everyone, front office included. Now it’s time to win some games. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

The culture shift looking back on it was apparent as soon as Rhule got the ax and we dumped chosen Anderson. The team suddenly started playing like a somewhat competent franchise for the first time in 3 years. Now we have a far better staff and good proven players want to come here. Getting rid of Rhule and his bs clearly lifted a burden on everyone, front office included. Now it’s time to win some games. 

I credit Wilks with taking some swift actions to correct the course.  He was the anti-Rhule that we needed at the time.  It was obviously a very welcomed culture correction.  Felt like we got our team back.  Love what the  new staff is doing.  Fitt seems like a new man.

3 hours ago, onmyown said:

LOL you guys just eat up whatever these guys say

we are superbowl contenders without a known QB lmao

he’s here because we offered him the most money.

You know, a little optimism never hurt anybody 

like you, most likely, I’ve had a lot of optimism beat out of me by this franchise but right now is not the time to be  wallowing in that space IMHO 

For the first time, ever, this coaching staff is legit, the owner is trying to correct egregious errors and he has opened the check book and his mind to do it and a new qb1 drafted, and they had the common sense to put pieces around him

Nothing in pro sports is a certainty but the franchise is giving themselves a chance for sustainable success not built on the buddy system but competency 

Edited by raleigh-panther

7 hours ago, ladypanther said:

I credit Wilks with taking some swift actions to correct the course.  He was the anti-Rhule that we needed at the time.  It was obviously a very welcomed culture correction.  Felt like we got our team back.  Love what the  new staff is doing.  Fitt seems like a new man.

I honestly think Matt Rhule was one of the 5 worst NFL hires of all time. He was that bad. 

• Beer 1