• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ stroud post game interview after Michigan loss

raleigh-panther

45 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Impressive young man...he is only 21 yrs old.  Sadly, someone who had a tough childhood....father sentenced to 30+ yrs in prison when CJ was 13. Seems to have a loving mother who struggled working multiple jobs to support 4 kids. Family was close to being homeless at times.  When college recruiters came to visit the family was living in a 2 bedroom apt over a storage facility office that his mother was managing. CJ does not like to talk about the struggles.  Like any teenager with those challenges he could have become angry and acted out.  He chose the other path.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/12/30/cj-stroud-ohio-state-quarterback-family-father-mother

CJ had to close 1 eye to throw the ball when his contacts went bad. He will fit right in to our recent QB history. 

Just kidding - that is amazing what CJ has overcome. Breaks your heart to know he has had all this success and his father could not be there for him. I hope he can truly forgive his father (sounds like he has) and learn to have a relationship with him under the circumstances. 

• Pie 2

The more I read about CJ the more I like him.  Not only a good talent but seems to be an even better person.  This from The Athletic:

But if not, [ picked 1st] I just want to go to whoever really loves me not only as a football player, but as a man of God and a man of the community.”

But the Panthers’ Week of Quarterbacks began Tuesday night with a dinner with Stroud that was mostly devoid of football talk.

“It went great,” Stroud said. “We didn’t really get into X’s and O’s. But we just talked about life and some personal stuff. Everything went really well, so I appreciate them talking to me and taking the time.”

But Stroud said Wednesday he wasn’t going to get too wrapped up in the discussion of whether he should go No. 1....

“It’s not my decision, so being that first pick isn’t really something that’s on my mind,” he said. “I just want to go to the right fit. Whoever likes me the most, whatever offense I fit the most, it’s on them to pick. So it’s not really my job to stress about that. So I’m just gonna keep being myself.”

https://theathletic.com/4337593/2023/03/22/panthers-top-pick-cj-stroud-nfl-draft/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

On 3/21/2023 at 11:43 AM, Smithers said:

Did he put a towel over his head?  Just preparing myself for the media reactions 

Well, he did hang his head the whole time. Didn't really stand up straight. Obviously hes dejected and he seems to show that through his body language more than ithers. Not sure if that is a thing opposing defenses take note of, or your own offense, or how he is on the field but that may be something he can work on that isn't solely field related. 

Obviously its nitpicking but the margins are almost non-existant jn the NFL. Every little thing matters.

15 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

The more I read about CJ the more I like him.  Not only a good talent but seems to be an even better person.  This from The Athletic:

But if not, [ picked 1st] I just want to go to whoever really loves me not only as a football player, but as a man of God and a man of the community.”

But the Panthers’ Week of Quarterbacks began Tuesday night with a dinner with Stroud that was mostly devoid of football talk.

“It went great,” Stroud said. “We didn’t really get into X’s and O’s. But we just talked about life and some personal stuff. Everything went really well, so I appreciate them talking to me and taking the time.”

But Stroud said Wednesday he wasn’t going to get too wrapped up in the discussion of whether he should go No. 1....

“It’s not my decision, so being that first pick isn’t really something that’s on my mind,” he said. “I just want to go to the right fit. Whoever likes me the most, whatever offense I fit the most, it’s on them to pick. So it’s not really my job to stress about that. So I’m just gonna keep being myself.”

https://theathletic.com/4337593/2023/03/22/panthers-top-pick-cj-stroud-nfl-draft/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

Frank Reich is going to have a hard time ignoring his seminary background on this one.

Personally, I like Levis. However Levis comes from an Ivy League family with that Ivy League attitude that is a hit similar to Zach Wilson. So while he has the ability, does he have the mental capacity and drive? 

Stroud has the drive to lift himself up and get better. He wants to be the best individually but within the confines of helping the team win, and that's an invaluable trait to have.