• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fanbase Temperature Gauge: Who do you like and who do you want? (3/21/23)

Ricky Spanish

Who is the better QB prospect?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better QB prospect?

• Bryce Young
    • CJ Stroud
    • Both are equally good
  2. 2. Which QB do you WANT us to draft?

• Bryce Young
    • CJ Stroud
    • I'm good with either
    • Chaos (Levis or Richardson)

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Heard Todd McShay discussing how quickly Stroud processes and then shift to hit WRs with dimes. We have not seen that around here in a long time. 

Yeah that's another thing.  Stroud isn't a bad processer.  In fact he is very good at it.  He had the top rating in all of the NCAA last year.  Does Young have the edge in processing? Probably, but I've also seen him miss open looks due to lack of vision.  @Wes21posted several clips of this I believe.  

• Pie 2

30 minutes ago, Brent Gregory said:

If Bryce young were 3 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier I'd be absolutely ecstatic over him but he's not. Stroud has the natural size you like and great stats. That being said Stroud is the safe choice. 

I know what you are saying--but hear me out--in part, I agree with every word.  David Carr, Mark Sanchez, Sam Darnold, Blaine Gabbart, EJ Manual, Blake Bortles, etc. all had the size and the tools.  The real question was processing speed--they all seemed to struggle to go through their progressions and make a timely, accurate throw.  We know we have a QB who can do that in Young.  Do we in Stroud?  I would say there is a strong chance he can do it, just to a slightly lesser degree (or he was never asked to do it as Young was).  We know Young's size and his processing speed, for the most part--what we need to know is about Stroud.  If Stroud can come close to equalling Young, you take him.

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Since I honestly don't know, I kind of wish the Panthers had the second pick in the draft so we eliminate the chance of making the wrong selection.

It don't matter which pick in the draft fi we are at the top of the whole thing. We can get any pick we want pretty much and still get who we want. We will not make any errors on who our pick will be. With the more competent staff we have now things should run smoothly and get what we actually need to fill the holes in both lines.

29 minutes ago, WestPanthers said:

And that is weird that Panthers youtube channel just posted the D.J mock draft 3.0 on their channel which mock Bryce Young is the No1 Pick for us....Hmmmmmnnnn....

The social media team has no idea who we are taking 1st

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, DavidEng said:

Stroud - more interceptions than Young (per game avg)

I agree with this 

Mainly because CJ is very aggressive pushing the ball downfield. I feel like CJ may have some crazy interception games as a rookie. With a couple games of 2 or 3 int’s. He’ll put up touchdowns and yards too but it’ll take him a year or two to figure out when to be aggressive and when not to

Young is definitely the more conservative of the two. I could see something like a 24 touchdown 8 interception type season from BY his rookie season

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

The social media team has no idea who we are taking 1st

Honestly, they actually know A LOT. They’re the ones filming all the behind the scene stuff you see after the draft and the ones prepping pieces to come out immediately after we draft a guy

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I know what you are saying--but hear me out--in part, I agree with every word.  David Carr, Mark Sanchez, Sam Darnold, Blaine Gabbart, EJ Manual, Blake Bortles, etc. all had the size and the tools.  The real question was processing speed--they all seemed to struggle to go through their progressions and make a timely, accurate throw.  We know we have a QB who can do that in Young.  Do we in Stroud?  I would say there is a strong chance he can do it, just to a slightly lesser degree (or he was never asked to do it as Young was).  We know Young's size and his processing speed, for the most part--what we need to know is about Stroud.  If Stroud can come close to equalling Young, you take him.

I get what you are saying but what makes people think Stroud isn’t as good at processing and progressions? I’ve seen him drop back and go through his reads on the regular while putting up great numbers.

• Pie 2