• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fanbase Temperature Gauge: Who do you like and who do you want? (3/21/23)

Ricky Spanish

Who is the better QB prospect?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better QB prospect?

• Bryce Young
    • CJ Stroud
    • Both are equally good
  2. 2. Which QB do you WANT us to draft?

• Bryce Young
    • CJ Stroud
    • I'm good with either
    • Chaos (Levis or Richardson)

This poll is closed to new votes

Seeing a lot of back and forth and some bickering about who is better and who we should draft all over the place, mainly between Stroud and Young. Wanted to get a poll up about a month before the draft and before the pro days so we can gauge where the fanbase stands in terms of which QB they like best, and which one they want to draft. Might do a part two right before the draft to see if things have changed (A lot can change in a month).

If you have strong convictions one way or the other, please provide supporting arguments.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4

I think both are equally good overall just in different ways. I like Stroud's pros a bit more than Young's pros and a bit more concerned about Young's cons than Stroud's but both have a pretty equal number of pros/cons in my opinion. So I do slightly prefer us drafting CJ and voted for that however I really am good with either, will be every bit as excited if we choose Young as I would've if we chose CJ. Both are legit 15+ year franchise QB prospects and I think we're well positioned for either one of them to have success here.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I think Stroud is the better NFL prospect because size is a skill and the Draft is about projection. I'd argue Young is the better College QB. 

I'd like them to draft Richardson - just because that would mean they've seen something in the mouldable lump of clay with the highest upside and they're going for broke with their experienced QB staff / Dalton ready to take the reigns early. I think they draft Stroud. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

I've been flitting back and forth between the two since back in November when I started paying attention to this years draft class, and in the same vein I've wanted us to take either depending how I feel that day.

I honestly don't think I'll know which one I actually want until draft night and the name is read out and I'm either excited or somewhat disappointed 

• Pie 1

honestly i'm excited about the idea of both of them and i can't wait to see who it is...i just hope it's one of them.

my head tells me that CJ is just slightly ahead and would be the more secure candidate (even though it's barely ahead of Young...imo), but i think that Young would be more exciting to watch (again, just barely more exciting because he's like watching a video game).

• Pie 5

I'd say Young is the better prospect. His height doesn't scare me more than his weight. If I thought he'd be around 210lb come September I would pick him without question over Stroud. If I was picking today I would take Stroud because he's the safer choice all things considered.