• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fanbase Temperature Gauge: Who do you like and who do you want? (3/21/23)

Ricky Spanish

Who is the better QB prospect?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better QB prospect?

• Bryce Young
    • CJ Stroud
    • Both are equally good
  2. 2. Which QB do you WANT us to draft?

• Bryce Young
    • CJ Stroud
    • I'm good with either
    • Chaos (Levis or Richardson)

This poll is closed to new votes

I’m fine with either. I see the pluses and minuses with both. Stroud is definitely safer.

I think Young has a much more appealing skillset when comping to the top end QBs in the league right now though. I’m not very worried about his size. 

I don’t blame us if we are worried about it though, I think Stroud is going to be a very competent QB we can win a lot of games with.

12 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

Please tell me that the Panthers will not waste multiple first and second round picks on a 185 pound QB with an average, at best arm. Processing speed will mean nothing when he is consistently ragdolled and a constant visitor to the concussion protocal.

Size matters! 

Counter point:

Ryan Mallet

• Pie 2

I’m not gonna pick one so either-hopefully Panther leaders know more than I lol. 

I do have a prediction for first year performance whichever teams they go to:

Young - more batted balls than stroud (per game avg)

Stroud - more interceptions than Young (per game avg)

That my friends you can take to the bank.

Edited by DavidEng

17 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

Please tell me that the Panthers will not waste multiple first and second round picks on a 185 pound QB with an average, at best arm. Processing speed will mean nothing when he is consistently ragdolled and a constant visitor to the concussion protocal.

Size matters! 

So let’s get the tallest, fattest QB in the draft *eye roll*

35 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

Size matters! 

Someone said, "Size is a skill". Kind of a funny way to put it, but you get the point. It absolutely matters. Doesn't mean it is a disqualifier, but it plays a part. 

• Pie 3

I do not think this staff will trade up to #1 for a project--all indications are the QB will start very early--so eliminate AR15 and Levis.

If the QB most ready to start day 1 is a factor, I think Young gets the nod.  If they are looking for a secure 10-20 year pocket passing QB with few questions about size, obviously Stroud gets the nod. 

They showed a list of the QBs Reich has worked with, and most of them were 6'4" or so--so does than indicate a type?  Maybe, but they also underpeformed--most were over the hill--so who knows?

• Pie 1

When I hear the coach and GM talk, they tend to repeat the same words when asked questions separately-probably a good idea of the things they talk about in private.  One word I keep hearing?  PROCESSING.  They are more interested in the speed between the ears than the speed from zero to 40.  Does that mean the size of the QB is not an issue? No.  Does that mean Stroud cannot process?  No.

• Pie 5

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

When I hear the coach and GM talk, they tend to repeat the same words when asked questions separately-probably a good idea of the things they talk about in private.  One word I keep hearing?  PROCESSING.  They are more interested in the speed between the ears than the speed from zero to 40.  Does that mean the size of the QB is not an issue? No.  Does that mean Stroud cannot process?  No.

Heard Todd McShay discussing how quickly Stroud processes and then shift to hit WRs with dimes. We have not seen that around here in a long time. 

• Pie 3

I like both players a lot but I think Stroud would be the better pick. He may not be where Young is mentally but it doesn't mean he's a slouch and that he can't grow to be as good or better at processing the field. 

Young looks great but he also looks like he's close to his peak. And his size could really be a serious problem if he gets injury prone. If Taylor Heinecke was 6-4 he would be a top 10 QB, but he's not and he gets hurt all the time. 

Edited by OneBadCat
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1