• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fanbase Temperature Gauge: Who do you like and who do you want? (3/21/23)

Ricky Spanish

Who is the better QB prospect?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better QB prospect?

• Bryce Young
    • CJ Stroud
    • Both are equally good
  2. 2. Which QB do you WANT us to draft?

• Bryce Young
    • CJ Stroud
    • I'm good with either
    • Chaos (Levis or Richardson)

This poll is closed to new votes

12 hours ago, Bluetooth said:

its Young, no need to debate anymore

I think this is why we got Thielen, Hurst, and Sanders. Plus, we'll probably get another playmaking WR in draft or FA. On Pat McAfee show Thielen said he went to Carolina because he believes they can win NOW. That they are trying to surround WHOEVER with as many options as possible. Based on who we've brought in so far I think it is because the organization truly feels Bryce Young has those playmaking intangibles to win in his rookie season. His film from last season shows he is CLUTCH when it matters. I Don't think you can say the same thing about Stroud or any other prospect, think they will need a little more time to develop. Who out of the bunch would give you the best chance to win the NFC South right out of the gate? It has to be Bryce Young IMO.

1 minute ago, Dragoon11 said:

I think this is why we got Thielen, Hurst, and Sanders. Plus, we'll probably get another playmaking WR in draft or FA. On Pat McAfee show Thielen said he went to Carolina because he believes they can win NOW. That they are trying to surround WHOEVER with as many options as possible. Based on who we've brought in so far I think it is because the organization truly feels Bryce Young has those playmaking intangibles to win in his rookie season. His film from last season shows he is CLUTCH when it matters. I Don't think you can say the same thing about Stroud or any other prospect, think they will need a little more time to develop. Who out of the bunch would give you the best chance to win the NFC South right out of the gate? It has to be Bryce Young IMO.

Theilen is all about route running and timing, not improvising when the play breaks down.  He definitely fits Stroud's game more than Young's

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, jfra78 said:

Theilen is all about route running and timing, not improvising when the play breaks down.  He definitely fits Stroud's game more than Young's

Yeah, I'd say you're splitting hairs with whose game he fits. Plus, I've seen Thielen make plenty of big catches in scramble drills. Ultimately though, that's not the NFL game. Either QB will have to develop timing with their WR's. Young is crazy accurate with ball placement, so is Stroud. Like Shannon Sharpe says, "you throw receivers open in the NFL". 

I just feel Young has the edge when it comes to "who can they win with now?". Panthers will have a solid O-line, they know they will have to protect either QB to have any shot. I don't know, when I watched Young play I could see that "it" factor. He just seems to process things way faster than the rest. Not saying Stroud doesn't, I just think it will take him more time at the NFL level.

We could all be wrong though, knowing the Panthers they could pick Will Levis, lol.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Alemanders said:

Been on the fence because I don't really pay attention to collage ball.

But watching both I liked cj first, but young is ridiculous.

No way we traded for the first not to pick him.

You no 1 pick Everything else is a smokescreen.

I started liking AR after the combine but CJ had me after the UGA game but Young been doing it all year, week after week...

My cousin is a Bama fan, he told me about Cam at Auburn before we drafting him, and I was a big supporter of Luck, until he basically said f..the panthers and stayed in school. Well my cousin said if we don't draft Young we will never recover from it.

Film does 't lie...This young man is special. 

AR compares himself to Cam

CJ compared himself to Vick

but Young said he can't compare because he's Brady, Peyton, Brees, Russel Wilson, and who ever he could think of to help him be who he is...Bryce Young there's no comparison.

Have No Fear The UnderDog is Here

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Bluetooth said:

I started liking AR after the combine but CJ had me after the UGA game but Young been doing it all year, week after week...

My cousin is a Bama fan, he told me about Cam at Auburn before we drafting him, and I was a big supporter of Luck, until he basically said f..the panthers and stayed in school. Well my cousin said if we don't draft Young we will never recover from it.

Film does 't lie...This young man is special. 

AR compares himself to Cam

CJ compared himself to Vick

but Young said he can't compare because he's Brady, Peyton, Brees, Russel Wilson, and who ever he could think of to help him be who he is...Bryce Young there's no comparison.

Have No Fear The UnderDog is Here

That's been the end result for me. I want young. I have to assume with how strong of a locker room Carolina has made for qb, it seems built for young vs Stroud 

4 hours ago, csx said:

I don't understand this line of reasoning around receivers only fitting a specific QB.

A good route running veteran like Thielen fits any Qb.

I don't understand the reasoning that we have to pick the QB that helps us win now.

Surely you want the QB that's going to be the best one in 5 years?

18 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I don't understand the reasoning that we have to pick the QB that helps us win now.

Surely you want the QB that's going to be the best one in 5 years?

I think the nature of rookie qb deals incentives teams to put all their chips on the table to win now before having your QB take up a quarter or more of the cap in an extension.

Also, teams like the Rams and Bucs signing older established QBs to accelerate their championship window. Something the Jets are trying to do now with a potential trade for Aaron Rodgers 

Therefore, it's important said rookie QB can hit the ground running. The NFC south is up for grabs.

• Pie 1

I want Young to be drafted. He is just a baller out there! I am not so worried about this size/frame. The dude is 21 years old and hasn't even developed his man body yet. As he gets older, he'll get heavier and sturdier. He'll probably max out around 210-215 in about 5 years. This young man is a generational talent. Can't wait to see him in Carolina blue!