• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fanbase Temperature Gauge: Who do you like and who do you want? (3/21/23)

Ricky Spanish

Who is the better QB prospect?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better QB prospect?

• Bryce Young
    • CJ Stroud
    • Both are equally good
  2. 2. Which QB do you WANT us to draft?

• Bryce Young
    • CJ Stroud
    • I'm good with either
    • Chaos (Levis or Richardson)

This poll is closed to new votes

17 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Not even sure what u r talking abt. Didn’t say Bryce was gonna make the HOF, or win many superbowls etc…

didn’t anoint him of anything.
Like 1000s do, I have made observations abt traits I’ve seen from him in 2yrs in college. Is that not something we are all doing with draft prospects?

don’t get triggered every time someone brings up a positive aspect of Bryce’s game…

As I keep saying, both QBs r good. if we draft CJ, I’ll support him & hope he has the intangibles I think make top 5 QBs great.
but right now I prefer Bryce because I’ve seen the intangibles. 

You generally only discuss Bryce Young and do so glowingly in all aspects while downing other prospects. If you read that post discussing the very realistic realities for both prospects and thought to yourself "triggered" perhaps it's time to consider if you are too enamored with your favorite draft pick. Good talk.

Saturday Night Live Reaction GIF

19 minutes ago, frankw said:

You generally only discuss Bryce Young and do so glowingly in all aspects while downing other prospects. If you read that post discussing the very realistic realities for both prospects and thought to yourself "triggered" perhaps it's time to consider if you are too enamored with your favorite draft pick. Good talk.

Saturday Night Live Reaction GIF

Not sure why u have an issue with me being “enamored with Bryce. Why does that bother u? 

Re Young, I see people making this argument that he is in the SEC and playing against the people he will be playing against in the NFL, and is fine. 
I guess that seems like proof to a lot of people but not All those players are going to the NFL. And, none to very few, are what they will be after a single season of NFL football. Men. Real honest to goodness badass, Men. 
That is a big difference  

I have yet to see someone use coaching as a rebuttal, but it is for sure a variable not being accounted for in that particular argument being made on Young’s behalf. 

You guys know that a db coach at Missouri or Florida, or SC, is not going be at the level of tneir NFL counterparts, with an exception here or there granted. Like Wilks was at Missouri, okay he is an exception. Extrapolate that to HCs, OCs, DCs, OL coaches, the whole collection of college football coaches.  Even the top HCs are generally not up to NFL level. 

Young will have to go against much better coached players, and schemes where even the weak player being protected was a college all star. So there is no direct parallel, at all really. 

It seems like an argument that just won’t fly. 

Edited by stratocatter
  • Pie 1

17 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

Re Young, I see people making this argument that he is in the SEC and playing against the people he will be playing against in the NFL, and is fine. 
I guess that seems like proof to a lot of people but not All those players are going to the NFL. And, none to very few, are what they will be after a single season of NFL football. Men. Real honest to goodness badass, Men. 
That is a big difference  

I have yet to see someone use coaching as a rebuttal, but it is for sure a variable not being accounted for in that particular argument being made on Young’s behalf. 

You guys know that a db coach at Missouri or Florida, or SC, is not going be at the level of tneir NFL counterparts, with an exception here or there granted. Like Wilks was at Missouri, okay he is an exception. Extrapolate that to HCs, OCs, DCs, OL coaches, the whole collection of college football coaches.  Even the top HCs are generally not up to NFL level. 

Young will have to go against much better coached players, and schemes where even the weak player being protected was a college all star. So there is no direct parallel, at all really. 

It seems like an argument that just won’t fly. 

What was the best SEC defense he played last year and where do they rank as a defense in the NCAA? The SEC had some good offenses, but it seemed like a down year for defenses…. I’m a SEC fan, but would argue the Big10 had the tougher defenses and of course weather conditions this year.

I don’t even know, I don’t watch a ton of college.  I do watch SEC more than the rest but that isn’t enough watching to make me know much. 

I am a pretty typical fan. I know bad footwork leads to errant throws, but I could not assess the footwork of a QB and judge anything off of what I see.  I am untrained for that job. I can see when a guy loafs, or takes a bad angle, or looks lost. But it’s all general observation stuff that people who pay attention will see. I

And I can see 5’10” eye to eye. He is going to have to be really, exceptionally great to excel at the NFL level. 

• Beer 2

On 3/21/2023 at 11:12 AM, frankw said:

Stroud but would accept Young. Both could end up being great. But likely one will be more than the other. Tough call. But for me I'd say go with the better passer in what is now a passing league heavily dependent on the position.

Interesting that the Opening Post Chart  (though a small sample of the fanbase) showed that most fans voting,myself included, would rather have C.J. Stroud.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

I have Bryce ahead of Stroud now. I just can't get over how Stroud handles pressure and his poor pocket management.

Interesting I didn't know Stroud struggles under pressure. That's a big deal. Bryce seems to make plays out of nothing. The only thing I can say negative about Bryce is his size. Im at the point I would be happy with either QB, but I prefer Stroud for the longevity.

Solid point Mr. Kroovy!