• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fanbase Temperature Gauge: Who do you like and who do you want? (3/21/23)

Ricky Spanish

Who is the better QB prospect?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better QB prospect?

• Bryce Young
    • CJ Stroud
    • Both are equally good
  2. 2. Which QB do you WANT us to draft?

• Bryce Young
    • CJ Stroud
    • I'm good with either
    • Chaos (Levis or Richardson)

This poll is closed to new votes

On 3/23/2023 at 7:13 PM, App Panther said:

No idea if this a good or bad problem to have. Brain is telling me Young won't hold up, red flags galore about size.

Stroud feels like the safer pick, Youngs ceiling is so much higher. If you truly think he survive an NFL season you have to take him.

I find it ironic that the guys that want Young have never played professional football (Tepper/Fitt) while the ones that want Stroud understand just how much of beating your body will take being a starting QB. Just some food for thought. 

How do you figure Young’s ceiling is higher? Stroud has so much untapped running potential. Availability is so important, and he just won’t hold up. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

15 hours ago, Actionman0z said:

How do you figure Young’s ceiling is higher? Stroud has so much untapped running potential. Availability is so important, and he just won’t hold up. 

Young has certain qualities that Mahomes has in terms of being able to make something out of nothing. I do not see that with Stroud. I think that is one example of a higher ceiling. 

Why would you want to make Stroud more of a runner if you are worried about a QB holding up? Looks what we did to Cam (with a bigger frame).  

When a 6'3" 300lb DT lands on top of a 6'3" 220lb Stroud the reaction inside of your chest won't be as strong as when it inevitably happens to 5'10" barely 200lb Young.

The fear is logical and undeniable. I wish him the best but he doesn't even have Michael Vick speed to make up for the two inches he gives up to even Vick himself.

Bad idea. Love the skill, talent, heart but the NFL is full of extra ordinarily tough, bigger, faster, and stronger human beings and he isn't a WR or CB who can pretty much stay away from the big boys, no, that hit is coming.

11 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

When a 6'3" 300lb DT lands on top of a 6'3" 220lb Stroud the reaction inside of your chest won't be as strong as when it inevitably happens to 5'10" barely 200lb Young.

The fear is logical and undeniable. I wish him the best but he doesn't even have Michael Vick speed to make up for the two inches he gives up to even Vick himself.

Bad idea. Love the skill, talent, heart but the NFL is full of extra ordinarily tough, bigger, faster, and stronger human beings and he isn't a WR or CB who can pretty much stay away from the big boys, no, that hit is coming.

Let it go man.

There is a 50% chance Bryce might be our QB. Better start talking positive about him instead of thinking negative. We all know his size is a concern. Doesn't take away from his talent. He's the best QB in this draft if you ignore his size.

53 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Let it go man.

There is a 50% chance Bryce might be our QB. Better start talking positive about him instead of thinking negative. We all know his size is a concern. Doesn't take away from his talent. He's the best QB in this draft if you ignore his size.

Can't do that bro. He's not even 6'. I'm a big fan of underdogs but not the almost impossible.

Some of those football players wives are bigger than your boy. We've got the #1, let someone else experiment with a smaller than Kyler QB.

NO. Can't ignore such a huge deficiency in favor of something that rarely happens, the 5'10" QB revolution. 

Huge risk. This is the pros. Everybody is bigger stronger faster and perhaps meaner, more motivated.

Stroud isn't physically ideal either but IS average height for an NFL player and good weight and he didn't look small next to AR.

Muggsy was a 5'3" PG, how many since? Why? It's the pros. They can't invest #1 in hopes and dreams they have to get as close to the prototype as they can. I hope you understand

Love You Hug GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

Edited by rippadonn

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Can't do that bro. He's not even 6'. I'm a big fan of underdogs but not the almost impossible.

Some of those football players wives are bigger than your boy. We've got the #1, let someone else experiment with a smaller than Kyler QB.

NO. Can't ignore such a huge deficiency in favor of something that rarely happens, the 5'10" QB revolution. 

Huge risk. This is the pros. Everybody is bigger stronger faster and perhaps meaner, more motivated.

Stroud isn't physically ideal either but IS average height for an NFL player and good weight and he didn't look small next to AR.

Muggsy was a 5'3" PG, how many since? Why? It's the pros. They can't invest #1 in hopes and dreams they have to get as close to the prototype as they can. I hope you understand

Love You Hug GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

Im sorry you feel that way. Don't jump on the bandwagon when he's lighting this league up though. Keep that same energy his entire career.