• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who would you pick just based off this information and why? There's Five choices, A-E

jayboogieman

Player A because of:

- Very smart signal-caller who is a natural leader with great instincts and the ability to quickly cycle through his reads.

-  Rhythm passer, who gets the ball out quickly, making split-second decisions.

Not saying that Young doesn’t also possess these traits but as McCown lamented in his film study of Stroud, a couple of his strengths are his ability to go through his reads really quickly and control the LOS.

In my opinion, if a QB can cycle through his reads quickly and make split-second decisions then he’s already set himself up for success, a good QB coach offensive staff can coach up the rest.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 3

I don't know why  the Bryce Young fans want to pretend that size is not an issue.  I think CJ and Bryce are even talent wise.  So, why not pick the bigger of the two?  It makes no sense to me why some of you would prefer a QB 5 inches shorter that weighs 185.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I pick Player A because the following remind me of C.J. Stroud, the QB I want the Panthers to select.

• Traditional old-school smart, pocket passer with smarts and a great, feel for the game- should have no problem transitioning to the NFL
  • Very smart signal-caller who is a natural leader with great instincts and the ability to quickly cycle through his reads
  • Good zip and excellent ball placement on the quick slant. Elite touch down the seam and on post-corner, flag routes to attack the defense vertically and horizontally.
  • Productive quarterback with elite intangibles
  • Has all the required arm strength to drive the ball through tight windows up to 20 yards downfield. Spreads the ball around to multiple receivers.
  • Rhythm passer, who gets the ball out quickly, making split-second decisions. Good short to intermediate-level accuracy, demonstrating the ball placement to allow receivers to run after the catch
  • Great accuracy overall, including excellent accuracy on short timing routes to backs and receivers, placing the ball slightly in front to lead receivers to potential yardage after the catch.
  • Despite having good timed speed and agility for a QB, has often proved surprisingly immobile and unable to escape a heavy rush
  • Suffered with some inconsistency issues when under a heavy rush, this could become a major issue at the next level where he won't have the benefit behind a top-level line
  • Doesn't create much outside the pocket
  • Isn't elusive in any way and struggles to get outside the pocket while trying to escape the pass rush. This is demonstrated by a subpar QB rating of just 76.0 when under pressure
  • Pie 2

Omitting variables as important as size invalidates the evaluation for me. Would Vegas do that? No. 

In the situation the Panthers are in now, at number 1? Whoever is the most pro ready passer, within the prototypical NFL QB size parameters, my choice. I see that as Stroud.

But I didn't want them to move to #1 in the first place; my answer was always whoever falls to #9.