• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis - Not so fast my friend!

CRA

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If the NFLPA wants it gone, then they will get it gone. NFL will just televise pro days.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35617811/nflpa-demaurice-smith-calls-end-nfl-scouting-combine?platform=amp

Players aren't required to show up for it, if top guys bail out small school athletic freaks will gladly take the opportunity to showcase their skills on national TV. Plus these are college guys that aren't signed to NFL teams yet so what leverage does the NFLPA have?

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd honestly rather end up with a bust than a Kirk Cousins type. You gotta have an MVP caliber QB to compete for SBs with any regularity. 

I’ll take an Eli/Rivers type though.  That tier QB.   I don’t need Rodgers/Peyton. 

Borderline is fine with me.  That was Cam too.   

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Players aren't required to show up for it, if top guys bail out small school athletic freaks will gladly take the opportunity to showcase their skills on national TV. Plus these are college guys that aren't signed to NFL teams yet so what leverage does the NFLPA have?

Combine isn’t nationally televised, it’s behind paid programming. 

these players showcase during their football season at their respective programs. Smith wants to abolish the NFL combine bc he feels it is an intrusive and inappropriate hiring practice for NFL teams to conduct.  In the article I shared with you he makes good points. Especially how they have to see 32 diffferent team doctors in a single day, pretty insane.

we are no longer in an era where these players are inaccessible due to lack of technology. We know everything about these kids because of what tech enables today, the combine’s original purpose has aged. Before it was a way for a player to showcase their skills bc no one had heard of them due to them not getting their name in the papers or picked up on main stream television. 

Feel how you want and defend all you can, but based on how passionate he is about this and the buy-in he has from the NFLPA… combine will be changing and that’s inevitable.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

these players showcase during their football season at their respective programs. Smith wants to abolish the NFL combine bc he feels it is an intrusive and inappropriate hiring practice for NFL teams to conduct.  In the article I shared with you he makes good points. Especially how they have to see 32 diffferent team doctors in a single day, pretty insane.

we are no longer in an era where these players are inaccessible due to lack of technology. We know everything about these kids because of what tech enables today, the combine’s original purpose has aged. Before it was a way for a player to showcase their skills bc no one had heard of them due to them not getting their name in the papers or picked up on main stream television. 

Feel how you want and defend all you can, but based on how passionate he is about this and the buy-in he has from the NFLPA… combine will be changing and that’s inevitable.

I hear ya. Fittz even said that they aren't putting much stock into the Combine or Pro Days. Film and in person interviews are almost enough. Bringing the kid into the facilities and put him through the rigors is probably better eval anyway.

In the grand scheme of things, draft wise, the Combine is just not as important as it once was.

The Combine is just a glorified meeting hole. Gets everyone under one roof. Easy peasy for the wheelin an a dealin set.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

I think ultimately Stroud will be the pick, but Richardson would be the brass balls sitting on your desk, push all your chips into the middle of the table and have trust in your convictions / expensively assembled coaching staff move. 

The whole brass balls, all-in thing just reminds me of the decision to hire Matt Rhule.

51 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I can't believe so many find it interesting. 

2 hours ago, CRA said:

53% ain’t average   

The problem with just looking at the stats is it's a small sample size of his first year starting. Take for example this game in which his receivers had 6 drops, including a touchdown. If these balls were caught his average would have jumped to 55.6%. I know every quarterback deals with drops, but every drop hurt Richardson's stats more as he only had a year to work with, with relatively few passing attempts.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, CRA said:

I think if we legit liked Young or Stroud and we went up knowing we were going to draft one…..then we would have already flipped over the cards and just let it be known.  Which basically is what happens when you love a QB at #1. 

I think there is debate.  And the longer we don’t know….the higher the odds the Tepper Panthers do something unpopular imo

Levis would be the worst decision in franchise history.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Zero chance we draft AR number one. We'd be the laughing stock of the NFL

It is way to late for that part. We will continue to be just that until we can get our franchise QB and win games to remove that target from our backs being laughing stock to the NFL. Just hoping the pick will be between Stroud and Young.

If Carolina had sat at 9 and Richardson fell to them, go ahead and swing for the fences. I'm all for it.

Giving up what Carolina gave up to take AR at no. 1? Nah.

And we would likely have to accept that Dalton would be the starter next season.