• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers to Send 11 Representatives to Ohio St Pro Day

MHS831

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

It doesn't matter what the exercise is man. It's the fact that he wants to pick and choose what he wants to do. If his competition completes every measurement why would he not do it?  What is he afraid of? If it's injury I would hate to see I'm in a game when the bullets fly. This league is not for the faint at heart.

All the teams, including the Panthers, have C'J. Stroud's  40 time and I feel sure it was impressive enough not to scare any of these teams off.

The fact that Stroud has an impressive strong arm and pinpoint accuracy is his primary calling call, not his 40 time ,long jumps or bench press history.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And the #1 overall pick isn't/doesn't?

They have it made and are treated like gods as long as they play well and win. Just like the NFL. They have to compete against a pressure cooker of talent within the program for playing time too. Just like the NFL.

It's as close as you can get to an NFL environment outside of the NFL. What makes the evaluation process tough for these guys is just how much better their supporting cast is compared to the teams they're playing week in and week out. 

I guess we just have a different perspective on the competition level between college and the pros. Being the number one overall pick is glorious until his first nfl game.  That's when reality sets in. All the hype in the world won't save him now.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, KatsAzz said:

All the teams, including the Panthers, have C'J. Stroud's  40 time and I feel sure it was impressive enough not to scare any of these teams off.

The fact that Stroud has an impressive strong arm and pinpoint accuracy is his primary calling call, not his 40 time ,long jumps or bench press history.

He's an athletic freak. What player in the nfl isn't? What is he made of and what is in his head?  Is he weak or is he a dawg?  Does he play checkers or does he play chess? Does he even eat BBQ for heaven sake?  

I feel like I'm in a room full of crazy people. 

• Pie 2