• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are taking Stroud, and Houston knows it

GOAT

There's also another way of looking at this

The Texans already know they want Stroud and think the Panthers are taking him.

So they don't send their main guys to the Pro Day, hoping the Panthers think they're sold on Young and that's who they want.  So we swap picks with them thinking we're still going to get our guy and pick up more assets at the same time.

Then the Texans take Stroud and played us like fools.

That is exactly why I'm so against trading down, we have #1, you don't mess around, you take the guy you want and call it a day.  And if we do swap, just for taking the risk and letting them get the guy they prefer, they have to pay through the nose 

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

This tells me that Houston knows they are getting Bryce Young at #1.

Carolina agrees to trade the #1 pick to the Texans as long as the Texans do what they want. They have agreed to compensation and that the Texans will not pursue Stroud.

Now, the Panthers set their targets on convincing the Colts to trade up for Stroud. So, an army shows up for the Panthers and no one shows up for the Texans. What does this tell the Colts? It tells them that they are not getting Young and if they want Stroud, they need to agree to a deal with the Panthers.

I expect the Colts and Texans to not be showing up at all to Levis and Richardson pro days.

The Panthers meant it when they said they wanted to control the draft, and they are doing it one pro day at a time.

I expect the Panthers to get the #2, #12, #33, and 2024 2nd round pick from the Texans in exchange for Young.

Before Levis' pro day, I expect the Panthers to have an agreement made with the Colts for the #4, #35, TE Jelani Woods, and 2024 1st round pick from the Colts in exchange for position for Stroud. Also, the Colts will agree to not show up to the pro days for Levis and Richardson.

At this point, the Panthers line up the Seahawks, Lions, and Raiders for the position to get their QB. One of them will give up picks to jump to the #4 spot for their pick of QB. I believe it will be the Lions wanting to jump the Seahawks for Richardson. Lions give up their #6, #18, 2024 2nd round pick, and 2024 5th round pick.

The Panthers arrange a deal with Raiders to move up to 6 and take Will Levis contingent on the Seahawks passing on Levis. Raiders give up #7, #38, 2024 1st round and 2024 4th round.

Panthers trade #18 and a 2024 1st round pick for Lamar Jackson.

Panthers turn #9, #61, 2024 1st round, 2025 2nd round, and DJ Moore into...

Panthers have #7, #12, #33, #35, #38, #39, QB Lamar Jackson, TE Jelani Woods, 2024 1st round pick, 2x 2024 2nd round pick, 2024 4th round pick, and 2024 5th round pick.

Panthers draft DT/DE Jalen Carter, WR Quentin Johnston, EDGE Nolan Smith, NT/DT Siaki Ika, NT/DT Mazi Smith, RB Israel Abanikanda, TE Zach Kuntz, RB Chase Brown, WR Bryce Ford-Wheaton, and DB Cory Trice Jr with their 10 draft picks.

QB-Lamar Jackson/Andy Dalton

RB-Miles Sanders/Israel Abanikanda/Chase Brown

TE-Hayden Hurst/Jelani Woods/Zach Kuntz/Tommy Tremble

WR-Quentin Johnston/Adam Thielen/(DJ Chark)/Terrace Marshall Jr/Bryce Ford-Wheaton/Laviska Shenault

OL-Bradley Bozeman/Taylor Moton/Austin Corbett/Ikem Ekwonu/Brady Christensen

DL-Derrick Brown/Siaki Ika/Mazi Smith/Jalen Carter

EDGE-Brian Burns/Nolan Smith

ILB-Jeremy Chinn/Shaq Thompson/Frankie Luvu

CB-Jaycee Horn/CJ Henderson/Cory Trice Jr/Donte Jackson

S-Vonn Bell/Xavier Woods

Not exactly what I would want, believe are the best players in the draft, or believe will be the best in the NFL. This is what I believe Reich/Fitterer/Tepper will want to achieve going in to the 2023 season. Let's see it play out. Tepper is going to take the entire NFL for a wild ride in the draft just like he has with this coaching staff. It doesn't stop with trading up for the #1 pick and simply drafting a QB.

white fang cocaine GIF by Burger Records

8 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

So they don't send their main guys to the Pro Day, hoping the Panthers think they're sold on Young and that's who they want.  So we swap picks with them thinking we're still going to get our guy and pick up more assets at the same time.

That is exactly why I'm so against trading down, we have #1, you don't mess around, you take the guy you want and call it a day.  And if we do swap, just for taking the risk and letting them get the guy they prefer, they have to pay through the nose 

Everyone please stop entertaining these trade back debates, it's been stuck in the mud for two weeks now. Actual things to watch now that the pro days have started. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Panthers sending same same entourage from yesterday to Bama.  
And Houston is sending the same people they sent yesterday as well.

No surprise, and it’ll likely be the exact same story tomorrow in Kentucky. The huddle is going to break when Reich smiles at Levis Friday I’m sure.

• Pie 5

9 minutes ago, stan786 said:

No surprise, and it’ll likely be the exact same story tomorrow in Kentucky. The huddle is going to break when Reich smiles at Levis Friday I’m sure.

Wait until a couple of our staff members dap up ARich.  And they’ll be freaking out “See!!! See!!! TD is right”

Then when one of them mumer “see you in Charlotte” (the top 30 visit)

”OMG he said when you move to Charlotte.  Remember when Sheena Quick said on that podcast that she heard they already told Richardson’s mom to start house shopping in Charlotte.  I can’t believe we traded to 1 for him!!”

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 2

8 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

You only trade to 2 if your are confident in BOTH players. If they are ranked pretty even you acquire extra draft capital and take whichever Houston doesn’t want. If we think option B plus the extra pick out weighs option A then you make the trade. You are right though, we better not assume we know who Houston would take at 1.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Wait until a couple of our staff members dap up ARich.  And they’ll be freaking out “See!!! See!!! TD is right”

Then when one of them mumer “see you in Charlotte” (the top 30 visit)

”OMG he said when you move to Charlotte.  Remember when Sheena Quick said on that podcast that she heard they already told Richardson’s mom to start house shopping in Charlotte.  I can’t believe we traded to 1 for him!!”

😂 

41 minutes ago, stan786 said:

And it will be the same when they go to ARs next week. I love it, the speculation is entertaining.

• Beer 2

15 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yep.

I don't really get this notion people have that the Panthers have to have already made their decision before going out to all the pro days, having the interviews, etc.

Seriously, what's wrong with being happy with more than one prospect?

Hell, I'd call that a damn good position to be in.

This is no place for logic and optimism! The whole board may implode.

Scotty GIFs | Tenor

11 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

This tells me that Houston knows they are getting Bryce Young at #1.

Carolina agrees to trade the #1 pick to the Texans as long as the Texans do what they want. They have agreed to compensation and that the Texans will not pursue Stroud.

Now, the Panthers set their targets on convincing the Colts to trade up for Stroud. So, an army shows up for the Panthers and no one shows up for the Texans. What does this tell the Colts? It tells them that they are not getting Young and if they want Stroud, they need to agree to a deal with the Panthers.

I expect the Colts and Texans to not be showing up at all to Levis and Richardson pro days.

The Panthers meant it when they said they wanted to control the draft, and they are doing it one pro day at a time.

I expect the Panthers to get the #2, #12, #33, and 2024 2nd round pick from the Texans in exchange for Young.

Before Levis' pro day, I expect the Panthers to have an agreement made with the Colts for the #4, #35, TE Jelani Woods, and 2024 1st round pick from the Colts in exchange for position for Stroud. Also, the Colts will agree to not show up to the pro days for Levis and Richardson.

At this point, the Panthers line up the Seahawks, Lions, and Raiders for the position to get their QB. One of them will give up picks to jump to the #4 spot for their pick of QB. I believe it will be the Lions wanting to jump the Seahawks for Richardson. Lions give up their #6, #18, 2024 2nd round pick, and 2024 5th round pick.

The Panthers arrange a deal with Raiders to move up to 6 and take Will Levis contingent on the Seahawks passing on Levis. Raiders give up #7, #38, 2024 1st round and 2024 4th round.

Panthers trade #18 and a 2024 1st round pick for Lamar Jackson.

Panthers turn #9, #61, 2024 1st round, 2025 2nd round, and DJ Moore into...

Panthers have #7, #12, #33, #35, #38, #39, QB Lamar Jackson, TE Jelani Woods, 2024 1st round pick, 2x 2024 2nd round pick, 2024 4th round pick, and 2024 5th round pick.

Panthers draft DT/DE Jalen Carter, WR Quentin Johnston, EDGE Nolan Smith, NT/DT Siaki Ika, NT/DT Mazi Smith, RB Israel Abanikanda, TE Zach Kuntz, RB Chase Brown, WR Bryce Ford-Wheaton, and DB Cory Trice Jr with their 10 draft picks.

QB-Lamar Jackson/Andy Dalton

RB-Miles Sanders/Israel Abanikanda/Chase Brown

TE-Hayden Hurst/Jelani Woods/Zach Kuntz/Tommy Tremble

WR-Quentin Johnston/Adam Thielen/(DJ Chark)/Terrace Marshall Jr/Bryce Ford-Wheaton/Laviska Shenault

OL-Bradley Bozeman/Taylor Moton/Austin Corbett/Ikem Ekwonu/Brady Christensen

DL-Derrick Brown/Siaki Ika/Mazi Smith/Jalen Carter

EDGE-Brian Burns/Nolan Smith

ILB-Jeremy Chinn/Shaq Thompson/Frankie Luvu

CB-Jaycee Horn/CJ Henderson/Cory Trice Jr/Donte Jackson

S-Vonn Bell/Xavier Woods

Not exactly what I would want, believe are the best players in the draft, or believe will be the best in the NFL. This is what I believe Reich/Fitterer/Tepper will want to achieve going in to the 2023 season. Let's see it play out. Tepper is going to take the entire NFL for a wild ride in the draft just like he has with this coaching staff. It doesn't stop with trading up for the #1 pick and simply drafting a QB.

Damn, you've put some thought into this. Bravo sir. Bravo.