• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCown to CJ : “Maybe when you move to Charlotte”

TheWiz

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Raleigh is awesome. Spread the word! Everyone looking to relocate to or within NC should absolutely be looking at Raleigh. Western NC is awful. Nothing but hillbillies and meth. Definitely don't move here... uh, I mean "there".

I agree! Anyone reading this thread from up north, stay away from western NC, It's awful,  please don't come here... uh, I mean go there! Go to Raleigh instead!

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Why would anyone with money choose either of those places

Shelby has Moss Lake which has million dollars homes and much less crowded than Lake Norman. Plus east of Gastonia there are a lot of upscale neighborhoods being built near Cramerton. With the Stadium where it is the commute likely is easier than fighting 77 or 485 twice a day.

Just re-watched it again and I realized how much this little stupid clip makes me want to draft Stroud even more now, and he already was my guy.

They clearly had been talking about playing some horse and betting on it at some point.  When McCown says to him we'll find a place to play, Stroud immediately said "right here, c'mon" and wanted to go play him right then and there.

The guy just finished up his Pro Day while gunning to be the #1 pick, the most job important interview of his life just ended and the team with said #1 pick is clearly heading out of town right now.  He can relax for a minute, he can go do something fun, hang out with friends, do what most people would do after just getting thru the most important job interview of your life that you spent weeks preparing for.

Instead he wants to go challenge his potential future coach to a game of horse for money, right then and there after finishing his workout.

LOVE that competitive spirit from the kid, that's awesome, just from that clip alone I know he's someone who just wants to win at everything and all the time. 

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Now that we all agree Raleigh>Charlotte lets get back to the actual topic...

I drove to work today down 29 / Tryon Street and let me tell you…it is flat out slums.  I lived here in the 80s and Charlotte was a small up and up and coming city.  Charlotte is a big city now.  The poverty and slums all over the place are disturbing.  Charlotte is not a nice place

Charlotte’s problem is that it is overrun by the brewery scene. It’s just become a drinkers town. And the traffic is absolutely horrid now. Uptown is mostly lame and inaccessible despite it being beautiful. 

Noda/Plaza/ and Southend are cool though. The Knights games are awesome though and nothing beats a home Panthers game when the stakes are high. 

11 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Charlotte’s problem is that it is overrun by the brewery scene. It’s just become a drinkers town. And the traffic is absolutely horrid now. Uptown is mostly lame and inaccessible despite it being beautiful. 

Noda/Plaza/ and Southend are cool though. The Knights games are awesome though and nothing beats a home Panthers game when the stakes are high. 

Seriously those places you mentioned are surrounded by incredible crime.  IMO Charlotte is not much different than a Chicago.  Everything smells terrible and there is filth and garbage everywhere.  I can’t imagine anyone really wanting to move their family here.  Me and the wife are planning a beach move asap

As I drove to work today there was someone with a help me sign on every single corner.  

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 2

2 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Watching the whole Panthers staff walk up to him and look at him with amazement is like bettors looking at a stallion at the Kentucky derby. "My what a fine specimen!" 

Honestly, the entire draft process has this vibe and always has. I try to push it to the back of my mind.

• Pie 1