• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCown to CJ : “Maybe when you move to Charlotte”

TheWiz

10 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

I love the panthers but a game at BOA will never amount to a Canes home game at PNC. NHL playoffs are on a different level and Raleigh delivers every single time the Canes have a home game. Raleigh delivers regardless. Canes have the second highest attendance in the league. 

Still amazed how quickly it went from not being able to give tickets away to now. 
Still need to go to a game. 

People will hear whatever they want to hear - there is no 'v' anywhere in what McCown said. I am a bit surprised, for the better however, that no one seems to care about Stroud saying he was going to take McCown's money. Seems like the type of thing that clickbait internet clowns would find a ludicrous way to be all over.

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

People will hear whatever they want to hear - there is no 'v' anywhere in what McCown said. I am a bit surprised, for the better however, that no one seems to care about Stroud saying he was going to take McCown's money. Seems like the type of thing that clickbait internet clowns would find a ludicrous way to be all over.

I thought that was a really cool exchange. It shows the potential connection those 2 could have. Not that it wouldn’t be the same with any of the other prospects. McCown just seems like a good dude. 

• Pie 1

I drive all over this state for work. There are some pretty diverse spots. The Raleigh/Charlotte debate is weird for me. Charlotte became what it did despite the politics in Raleigh. Quite the feat. As for Gastonia, it's growing right along with every other town in this state. Belmont is quite the jewel over there, however. But glad to call Concord home. 

• Flames 1

Yeah, he did say " when you're in Charlotte "  .  

What that means is,, he'll be drafted by Texas or Indy and they both play on Charlotte this coming season..

We're going to convince Bo Nix , Oregon , to come out early and draft him #1 .   Or Draft Drake Maye and get him to sigh in late Dec when his time at college will have run it's course .

🤣🤣

( I bet Josh tells Bryce Young the same thing today  hahaha )

15 minutes ago, Htarnation4.0 said:

I drive all over this state for work. There are some pretty diverse spots. The Raleigh/Charlotte debate is weird for me. Charlotte became what it did despite the politics in Raleigh. Quite the feat. As for Gastonia, it's growing right along with every other town in this state. Belmont is quite the jewel over there, however. But glad to call Concord home. 

16 hours ago, Basbear said:

It seemed to me when josh did his underdog vids, his clear favorite was CJ Stroud. 

I may be wrong, but there wasnt a AR vid, i doubt hed change. 

Smartest pick is Coleridge Bernard "C. J." Stroud IV and thats what should be on the card turned in. 

I regularly watch the Underdogs videos. They were planning to do an AR vid, but they couldnt because he got hired by the Panthers.... so yea, change of plans. But he definitely has a soft spot for CJ.

• Beer 1

17 hours ago, TheWiz said:

Hot mic moment: Coach McCowN To CJ

This doesn’t guarantee that we’re taking CJ. It just means that we know who McCown likes the most. Which isn’t new news. 
CJ playing with house money right now 

Dude, I say this poo to family who live in New York all the time. They're not moving here.

Trade down to four and take Levis. After watching a few games, I'm convinced Levis would've been just as prolific, if not more, at both Alabama and Ohio State than Young and Stroud.

I really think that he is this years Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes. The dude who slides down to around 10 and ends up being the best QB in the draft.

9 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Back to the topic, if you combine McCown's comment (if he said "live") and the fact that Houston was not really there in full force, it tells me a few things:

1. The Texans think the Panthers will go with Stroud and they are not buying the Panther smokescreen.  Maybe they wanted to seem disinterested in Stroud to lure the Panthers into trading--hoping they would assume the Texans want young.  Could be some chess moves going on here--or not.

2. The Panthers probably have Stroud #1 on their board, at least #1 on McCown's board

3.  The comment, if reflective of discussions with the staff, suggests that the combine, interviews, and pro day suggests that he "checks all the boxes".

4. If Stroud "checks all the boxes" then there is no way Young can impress enough to get the job because he is 5'10" and probably will be for a while.  5" of height and somewhere around 15-20 lbs of weight is significant if the players are otherwise pretty equal.

I think the Texans aren't going to do much of anything except wait to see who we draft, then take the other QB and call it a day. 

Texans are also in a great position here aside from us.

Both teams are going to come away from the draft with Potential-Franchise QBs. 

• Beer 1